Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

TheUrbanXplorer
On 9/29/2021 at 8:45 PM, chef said:

I have another dll. I will.post after work.

Hello @chef,
Is there already a solution?

TheUrbanXplorer
15 hours ago, chef said:

Sorry, work has gotten in the way. I'll be in touch.

Ok 😊

chef, is it possible to move files depending on the resolution?

I just bought a LG G1, thus will start to build up a 4k library and thought about keeping them in seperated folder (e.g. 4k / 1080p).
Now I tried it with Gemini Man but all I get in the UI is this:
image.thumb.png.44906133eacb13e2df928e9ca1886239.png

It seems to be pointing to the 1080p folder instead of the 4k folder I selected while identifying the movie.

Any idea?

chef
4 hours ago, neik said:

chef, is it possible to move files depending on the resolution?

I just bought a LG G1, thus will start to build up a 4k library and thought about keeping them in seperated folder (e.g. 4k / 1080p).
Now I tried it with Gemini Man but all I get in the UI is this:
image.thumb.png.44906133eacb13e2df928e9ca1886239.png

It seems to be pointing to the 1080p folder instead of the 4k folder I selected while identifying the movie.

Any idea?

When. I started to collect 4K movies, I made sure to add the %res flag in the file naming under the movie options.

Then, the plugin would know it was a new resolution (ie 2160p) and move the file into the same folder as the 1080p movie. But emby would show the option to switch between the streams. 

Let's see if we can do what you ask. I got caught up this week, but I will look at this plugin tomorrow for sure.

4 hours ago, chef said:

Then, the plugin would know it was a new resolution (ie 2160p) and move the file into the same folder as the 1080p movie. But emby would show the option to switch between the streams. 

This might be a bit off-topic now but how do you solve the permission issue?
I have a few family members accessing my server but none of them does have a 4k TV, would I need to add "Tags" (e.g. using your auto tagging plugin) and restrict them from accessing that tag?

This might be the way to go and what I was asking for might not even be necessary.

I noticed the update to show series year but its not working correctly for me. The only way I can get the year to show is by hitting the + and searching but then that creates a new show with the year repeated. image.png.78d696e262acafd5fc39177b9a9f493c.png The "MacGyver (2016)" gets named as a folder "MacGyver (2016) (2016)" Its not picking up that I already have a folder named "MacGyver (2016)" and "MacGyver (1985)" and putting the year in the list of shows in Emby.

chef
1 hour ago, MEB said:

I noticed the update to show series year but its not working correctly for me. The only way I can get the year to show is by hitting the + and searching but then that creates a new show with the year repeated. image.png.78d696e262acafd5fc39177b9a9f493c.png The "MacGyver (2016)" gets named as a folder "MacGyver (2016) (2016)" Its not picking up that I already have a folder named "MacGyver (2016)" and "MacGyver (1985)" and putting the year in the list of shows in Emby.

Ok. I see how that is happening.

Let's see if I can fix that.

• Thanks 1

chef
9 hours ago, neik said:

This might be a bit off-topic now but how do you solve the permission issue?
I have a few family members accessing my server but none of them does have a 4k TV, would I need to add "Tags" (e.g. using your auto tagging plugin) and restrict them from accessing that tag?

This might be the way to go and what I was asking for might not even be necessary.

The stream most likely won't play. They'll have to select the proper resolution.

4 hours ago, chef said:

The stream most likely won't play. They'll have to select the proper resolution.

Just tested it with tags added manually in the UI but unfortunately that doesn't work as you don't have control to which version the tag is being added.
So, from my point of view the only solution to the permission issue is having seperate libraries and then we are back at my request above.

Interestingly when I add a 4K version of an already available movie and select the 4K folder it still ends up trying to move to the 1080p folder - see screenshots.
If it would respect the selection it would already be fine I guess.

image.png

image.png

chef
On 10/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, neik said:

Just tested it with tags added manually in the UI but unfortunately that doesn't work as you don't have control to which version the tag is being added.
So, from my point of view the only solution to the permission issue is having seperate libraries and then we are back at my request above.

Interestingly when I add a 4K version of an already available movie and select the 4K folder it still ends up trying to move to the 1080p folder - see screenshots.
If it would respect the selection it would already be fine I guess.

image.png

image.png

Interesting, so everything was working up until selecting the folder?

1. We successfully marked the item as a new resolution.

2. We were able to successfully open the identify popup

But after that, it didn't honer the selected folder?

Edited by chef

1 hour ago, chef said:

Interesting, so everything was working up until selecting the folder?

1. We successfully marked the item as a new resolution.

I am not quite sure we are on the same page in point 1, might just be some lanuage barrier on my side.

How did I get those screenshots:

1. I had a file that was not identified automatically, so I had to open up that identify pop-up

2. I selected what the screenshot above shows, the 4K folder

3. After clicking OK it somehow seems to notice that a 1080p version is already available in another folder and show the 4K version as a "new resolution available" - second screenshot.

1 hour ago, chef said:

2. We were able to successfully open the identify popup

But after that, it didn't honer the selected folder?

Yepp, correct for both.

• Thanks 1

chef
5 hours ago, neik said:

I am not quite sure we are on the same page in point 1, might just be some lanuage barrier on my side.

How did I get those screenshots:

1. I had a file that was not identified automatically, so I had to open up that identify pop-up

2. I selected what the screenshot above shows, the 4K folder

3. After clicking OK it somehow seems to notice that a 1080p version is already available in another folder and show the 4K version as a "new resolution available" - second screenshot.

Yepp, correct for both.

I've been working on this today. Trying to stream line, otherwise complicated code.

I should have something soon.

• Like 1

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
I wanted to ask what the status is. There's still this problem with AutoOrganize / SkipIntro, the top of the bar disappears when I remove the hooks on automatically sort.
You had written a while ago, that there soon comes an update.
But that is already a few days ago. 🙂

Greetings from Wuppertal, Germany

• Agree 1

@TheUrbanXplorer guten Tag!

I have been testing this for a few days now, and I believe that it is stable.

Please clear browsing data in order to load the most recent javascript.

I'm not sure it is perfect yet. I believe there is still more work to do on this plugin. 

But, it seems less buggy.

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

I am about to work on sorting subtitle files with media items, if they are found in the watched folder.

• Like 3

instantsunrise

On the issue of external subs, one thing I didn’t think of at the time is how will the plug-in handle external subs in a separate subfolder?

e.g.:  Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group/Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group.mkv and Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group/Subs/Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group.lang.srt

8 hours ago, instantsunrise said:

On the issue of external subs, one thing I didn’t think of at the time is how will the plug-in handle external subs in a separate subfolder?

e.g.:  Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group/Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group.mkv and Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group/Subs/Movie.Name.YYYY.2160p.Release-Group.lang.srt

That should be okay, because the search for media files is recursive in the watched folder. 

If we come across a sub file, we can just move it. 

Super easy barely an inconvenience LOL!. 

I hope.

TheUrbanXplorer
14 hours ago, chef said:

@TheUrbanXplorer guten Tag!

Ich teste das jetzt seit ein paar Tagen und ich glaube, dass es stabil ist.

Bitte löschen Sie die Browserdaten, um das neueste Javascript zu laden.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es noch perfekt ist. Ich glaube, es gibt noch mehr Arbeit an diesem Plugin. 

Aber es scheint weniger buggy.

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip 131,55 kB · 3 Downloads

Ich bin dabei, Untertiteldateien mit Medienelementen zu sortieren, wenn sie im überwachten Ordner gefunden werden.

Hello @Koch,
I have downloaded it now and will test it. Then I will report. It may not be perfect yet, but I think it's great that someone takes the trouble and develops the plugin further.
The plugin has a lot of potential. I am very grateful for the effort you make and look forward to further updates. 🙂
Thank you in any case!

TheUrbanXplorer

Ok.... Apparently the problem still exists....
Cleared all browser data but it still won't let me....😅🤣

image.thumb.png.ef2e81e42784ebc50c17e9d9a5b2d372.png

5 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Ok.... Apparently the problem still exists....
Cleared all browser data but it still won't let me....😅🤣

image.thumb.png.ef2e81e42784ebc50c17e9d9a5b2d372.png

Could you try something for me?

Change the name of the file to use small letter 'S'.

Changing: 'S01e02' to 's01e02'

I must have grabbed the wrong one. 

Sorry about that. 🙃.

What is strange is that the plugin is unable to parse the file name for information in your example.

I am going to create a moc file with the same name in my system and see if I can narrow down why it doesn't get parsed properly, and then I can make adjustments so it does.

I'll be back!