Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

TheUrbanXplorer

Hi there,
"Ignore file names which contain:" cannot be saved.
And for a few days now the buttons for the scan have been missing.
AutoOrganize can no longer be found via planned tasks.

Screenshot 2021-09-19 19.03.01.png

Screenshot 2021-09-19 19.07.00.png

Screenshot 2021-09-19 19.07.04.png

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, GrimReaper said:

I still think current workflow where you change both the source and destination is safer approach, until multiple watch/destination pairs are introduced, else you'll ever be able to import only single movie (or all within a single subfolder) and be particulary cautious not to have movies in two or more subfolders at the same time otherwise they might easily end up in wrong library. Changing source as you currently do is just additional safety switch. 

Edit: Or run multiple Radarr instances. 🤭

If I was using Radarr, I would agree lol. But I do all of the moving into the watch folder manually. I rip my discs using MakeMKV, then convert them to HEVC with Ripbot264. When I do the ripbot job, I have the final file placed into organized folders (New Movies, New Kids Movies, New TV Shows, New Kids TV Shows, etc). Only after that is done do I move them into the watch folder, of which I have one in each of those other folders, but it's only after I update the destination folder in the Auto-Organize plugin.

Hopefully we can get the ability to add multiple source/destination combinations in the plugin at some point. I'm sure I'm in the minority with my workflow, but it helps me keep everything organized.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:23 AM, neik said:

Chef, the files organized by the plugin used to show up in the library without needing to run the scan task - probably the plugin did some sort of trigger.

Now I have to always start the scan task for the new items to show up.

Just to let you know, definitely no biggy...

neik, that part of it hasn't changed. We always had to poll the server through the task to update the sort.

I bet you just had noticed it before. I thought the same thing.

I asked about creating a folder watcher for the plugin, to update in realtime, but was advised against it by lead devs.

Try running the task more often. Let me know how it goes. 

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Skopin said:

I do all of the moving into the watch folder manually. I rip my discs using MakeMKV, then convert them to HEVC with Ripbot264. When I do the ripbot job, I have the final file placed into organized folders (New Movies, New Kids Movies, New TV Shows, New Kids TV Shows, etc). Only after that is done do I move them into the watch folder, of which I have one in each of those other folders, but it's only after I update the destination folder in the Auto-Organize plugin.

I'd say a number of users have same workflow, myself included. Only difference is, once "completed", processed files are placed into respective "New ... movies" folders, there's no need to do anything else, Radarr takes over. I have 5 instances running (out of the same install): one for each monitored folder (4 "New..." folders) and 5th that watches none, but is used like an overview, where all content is merged/concatenated. For TV shows, same goes with Sonarr, but with a single instance as my setup is such that only one is required. Both Radarr and Sonarr are great monitoring/renaming/importing tools, you don't have to use any other aspect of them. 

Screenshot 2021-09-19 234131.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Screenshot

Make sure that these are enabled in the plugin settings!

autoorganize.png.9b3d7f39cf3aa7a62f16df02a430b5d5.png

autoorganize2.png.a506838f57cced33b9a7342fb901534a.png

@TheUrbanXplorer

@neik

I'm not sure if it is because some people moved to a beta version and tested the intro skip plugin, but some of the plugins config options got lost,

Once they are turned on, all is well!

Let me know guys!

Edited by chef

TheUrbanXplorer
8 hours ago, chef said:

@TheUrbanXplorer

@neik

I'm not sure if it is because some people moved to a beta version and tested the intro skip plugin, but some of the plugins config options got lost,

Let me know guys!

Good morning from Germany @chef,
yes, with the trick it works again. 🙂
Only as long as it is active, but it works. And yes, I couldn't keep my hands off the Skip Intro Plugin as a seriesjunkie. ^^
Hopefully it will be over with time. Those who try new things also have to live with what they need. I'm more than happy that someone is dealing with the topic.
Unfortunately, I don't know much about it.

• Thanks 1

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,

is there any way to specify the files to be deleted on the part of the name?
Currently this is only possible with file extensions.

• Agree 1

I must say, this is an extremely useful plugin. Thanks a lot @chef!

I did have issue with inputs from subbed anime releases, but what I did was stage the files and rename prior to injecting them into the watch folders. The issue being that the metadata search was not finding any relevant results. I'm not too sure how it internally handles my input. Giving it a more meaningful format and removing some texts clarifies it for the search to work. However, the unedited files still work when just placed inside Emby's media library folder. This got my head scratching a bit.

For anyone who may be interested on how:

Use the rename (PERL rename) utility on linux that uses a RegEx substitution syntax with the following RegEx:

rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 S1E$3$4/' *

This is valid for the following name strings with the caveat of replacing the Season identifier at the end with the appropriate Season number (.e.g. S1 for Season and S2 for season 2):

rename(

[SubsPlease] Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - 02 (1080p) [64D332B9].mkv, 

to  ->>  Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - S1E02.mkv

)

rename(

[SubsPlease] Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S2 - 11 (720p) [3B9612CA].mkv

to ->>  Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S2E11.mkv

)

For the last one you'd want to change the RegEx as follows:

rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(S\d+)\D+(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 $3E$4$5/' *

For anyone wanting to use these, add the -n flag to test it out first.

After which, I just let Emby do the minutiae of managing the files in bulk. 

Edited by JLEH0590
clarifications
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 3:54 AM, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef,

is there any way to specify the files to be deleted on the part of the name?
Currently this is only possible with file extensions.

I think so. I can try. 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JLEH0590 said:

I must say, this is an extremely useful plugin. Thanks a lot @chef!

I did have issue with inputs from subbed anime releases, but what I did was stage the files and rename prior to injecting them into the watch folders. The issue being that the metadata search was not finding any relevant results. I'm not too sure how it internally handles my input. Giving it a more meaningful format and removing some texts clarifies it for the search to work. However, the unedited files still work when just placed inside Emby's media library folder. This got my head scratching a bit.

For anyone who may be interested on how:

Use the rename (PERL rename) utility on linux that uses a RegEx substitution syntax with the following RegEx:

rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 S1E$3$4/' *

This is valid for the following name strings with the caveat of replacing the Season identifier at the end with the appropriate Season number (.e.g. S1 for Season and S2 for season 2):

For the last one you'd want to change the RegEx as follows:

rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(S\d+)\D+(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 $3E$4$5/' *

For anyone wanting to use these, add the -n flag to test it out first.

After which, I just let Emby do the minutiae of managing the files in bulk. 

So, are those typical naming structures for anime?

Not at all. There's some convention to it such as enclosing filename embedded info about subber group, release group, release resolution, hashes, and such in square brackets "[ ]". Season numbers may or may not be included. Instead, the episode count is incremented all the way from first season even though canonically it would be, for example at season 3 episode 2 the episode number would instead show (S1) 24 + (S2) 23 + (S3) 2 = 49.

Tho I'm mostly cynical about completely automating this. If you would like to see more samples I urge you to take a peek at Nyaa torrent hub.

Edited by JLEH0590
  • Thanks 1

TheUrbanXplorer
On 9/20/2021 at 12:18 AM, chef said:

@TheUrbanXplorer

@neik

Let me know guys!

Hello boss,
have currently removed SkipIntro. The mistake with that is of course still there. Can I repair the damage myself?

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
small update: Clear Completed and Clear All can no longer be executed. I attached the error log.
There's the worm in there somewhere and I don't know how to fix it.

embyserver.txt

10 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello boss,
have currently removed SkipIntro. The mistake with that is of course still there. Can I repair the damage myself?

Hi! Is it that the option is being turned off somehow, and you have to enable it again?

Edited by chef

TheUrbanXplorer
5 hours ago, chef said:

Hi! Is it that the option is being turned off somehow, and you have to enable it again?

I uninstalled SkipIntro normally via the interface, since then AutoOrganize doesn't work at all.  The files are also no longer renamed or moved.  I only noticed that later.  Reinstalling SkipIntro doesn't help either.  Removing and reinstalling AutoOrganize does not solve the problem.

Just wanted to organize some files, went away to the server dashboard and when I went back to the plugin cause I noticed it isn't doing anything all I am getting is the "circle of death" and an error in the console:

image.thumb.png.195e699f941a3109b266ec248df01f2c.png

Edit: Once I "clear all" the circle goes away but starting organizing it ends up the same way.

Edited by neik

horstepipe

@chef

about the 4K non 4K files problem I have we talked about some weeks ago…

If I have a show twice (4K/HD) and I add a new season only to the 4K version, e.g s02e01, so there is no season 2 in the HD version at all, the plug-in creates it if I organize s02e02 with it. Would it be possible to bypass that? So that the plug-in recognizes that there’s already the season being created on 4K version and organizes the file there?

Edited by horstepipe

TheUrbanXplorer
11 hours ago, neik said:

Just wanted to organize some files, went away to the server dashboard and when I went back to the plugin cause I noticed it isn't doing anything all I am getting is the "circle of death" and an error in the console:

image.thumb.png.195e699f941a3109b266ec248df01f2c.png

Edit: Once I "clear all" the circle goes away but starting organizing it ends up the same way.

Yes, I've already had that a few times.