Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

chef

YES! I think I fixed it. Thank you @Ryan_vl

DOWNLOAD: Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

I mistakenly returned after the movie was not found in the library, instead, I needed to let the Organizer go and possibly fail! Perfect.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

GOTCHA_SA
48 minutes ago, chef said:

YES! I think I fixed it. Thank you @Ryan_vl

I mistakenly returned after the movie was not found in the library, instead, I needed to let the Organizer go and possibly fail! Perfect.

That worked perfectly, thanks so much for this!!!!

• Like 1

chef

Found a bug.

If both the movie monitored folder and the tv monitored folder have the same path, then the activity log shows duplicate entries.

This would be expected.

There has to be code written to make sure the two inputs for movies and tv are different. The values shouldn't be allowed to be the same. 

Edited by chef

chef

Okay, I think that handling movie and tv watched folder should be silent.

Instead of telling the user the two inputs can't be the same, I'll just put code in place to check, and only act on one of the paths if they are.

Trying to explain the monitoring of the same folder twice causing duplicate activity log entries, adds extra text in the UI and it doesn't really affect the overall user experience, and could be confusing.

• Agree 1

chef

Important update here.

This will handle Movies and Episodes being monitored in the same folder.

The plugin will attempt processing each item as an episode first. This has always been the way the plugin worked.

We have to check if the item in the monitored folder has been processed as an episode prior to the movie sorter handling the file.

We check the db results to see if the item exists as a 'found' episode.

If there is one, return that data instead of processing it as a movie. 

I'm pretty sure that was a buggy issue in the original release of the plugin.

I believe it is fixed now.

GOTCHA_SA
On 07/08/2021 at 14:59, chef said:

Important update here.

This will handle Movies and Episodes being monitored in the same folder.

The plugin will attempt processing each item as an episode first. This has always been the way the plugin worked.

We have to check if the item in the monitored folder has been processed as an episode prior to the movie sorter handling the file.

We check the db results to see if the item exists as a 'found' episode.

If there is one, return that data instead of processing it as a movie. 

I'm pretty sure that was a buggy issue in the original release of the plugin.

I believe it is fixed now.

@chef, will give it a go and let you know if anything comes up

Thanks so much for all your efforts

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
rbjtech

Hi @chef

Just to add to wish list - would it be possible to add any associated external SRT files (with the same original filename obviously) to the move/copy and then rename them as well ?

A couple of my scripts grab subs as external SRT (from source, rather than relying on opensubtitle etc), and thus they don't get moved along with the media files which is a shame.

:)

Edited by rbjtech

chef
15 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Hi @chef

Just to add to wish list - would it be possible to add any associated external SRT files (with the same original filename obviously) to the move/copy and then rename them as well ?

A couple of my scripts grab subs as external SRT (from source, rather than relying on opensubtitle etc), and thus they don't get moved along with the media files which is a shame.

:)

I believe that it is in the works actually. Let's see what happens, and I'll add the code to handle SRT if we don't see something.

I wrote the code, but I don't think it was as good as the other fella working on it.

• Thanks 1

I was reading up on this plugin and from my understanding. 

The plugin will take movies, tv shows and tv show episodes from a certain or assigned folder.

Then scan those files and rename the files and move the files to another assigned folder.

But can the plugin after renaming the movies move the files to multiple folders based on genres as well as type?

My structure is broken up as follows.

4k moves

3D movies

Disney + Pixar movies

Movies (which contains HD and brokwn up by genres) action, drama, comedy etc.. 

I wouldn't want the plugin to go in and reorganize everything just to keep adding to my structure/setup.

Thanks 

• Like 1

chef
25 minutes ago, STR8 said:

I was reading up on this plugin and from my understanding. 

The plugin will take movies, tv shows and tv show episodes from a certain or assigned folder.

Then scan those files and rename the files and move the files to another assigned folder.

But can the plugin after renaming the movies move the files to multiple folders based on genres as well as type?

My structure is broken up as follows.

4k moves

3D movies

Disney + Pixar movies

Movies (which contains HD and brokwn up by genres) action, drama, comedy etc.. 

I wouldn't want the plugin to go in and reorganize everything just to keep adding to my structure/setup.

Thanks 

That folder structure is complex. 

I did read people wanted the plugin to handle a more complex file system.

I suppose it could be possible to create a regular expression to handle complex folder structure. But, how complex? I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by chef

chef

While using this plugin version last night, I noticed several things that needs fixing.

1. The delete action button needs to be available while the file is in every state. Currently it is not.

2. The confirmation modal needs to be more specific as to what the plugin is about to do with the file.

It needs a more specific file path explanation.

3. The move action button needs to be available when the file is in "NewResolution" state. 

Edited by chef

Yep it started out ok when it was small but now it's so many files I'm scared to change it lol!

Didn't mean to suggest any more work for you chef but I will keep following to see if it's even worth you to upgrade the plugin in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
GOTCHA_SA

Hi @chef

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but for some reason since that last update I am not able to add anything to the smart matches, even if I select Remember correction it does not add to the smart match list.

Let me know if you need me to send you anything

• Like 1

chef
5 hours ago, Ryan_vl said:

Hi @chef

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but for some reason since that last update I am not able to add anything to the smart matches, even if I select Remember correction it does not add to the smart match list.

Let me know if you need me to send you anything

Yes, I see that as well. 

I'm actually working on a  new update that handles quite a bit of new stuff.

I'll look and see where in the JavaScript smart matches broke on me and fix that.

Edited by chef

chef

@Ryan_vl I'm not sure if you are interesting in this.

It might be a bit buggy.

I am tracking down the code for the smart match. I didn't change smart match code, so I'm not exactly sure where it went wrong.

• Better handling of New Resolutions
  • Fixed Move  Existing Item into the library on request
  • New status Message for If the Destination drive is full, and we can't move the file.

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

Definitely want to clear browser cache for this.

Now on to the smart match problem...

• Like 1

GOTCHA_SA

That seems to have fixed it, thanks so much again.

Will let you know if anythign else pops-up

• Like 1

chef
2 minutes ago, Ryan_vl said:

That seems to have fixed it, thanks so much again.

Will let you know if anythign else pops-up

Interesting.

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to the feedback. Thank you.

chef

There is a chance that the UI is not automatically updating the successful sort. 

For some reason removing items from an InProgressList wasn't enough to force the change in the activity log.

I have fixed it, and can post an update here later.

• Like 1

This plugin is just full of surprises. 

I fix one thing, and something else pops up.

• Fixes movies are run as episodes first. If they fail (and they will because they are movies) they were never removed from InProgressLists, and therefore they were stuck in "Progress" Status.

I fear that the more movies and episodes I collect, the more I keep finding little bugs.

For instance, we are relying on an OrganizationException to stop file sorting in the Episode task. However, the task is "ConfigureAwait(false)".

This throws away the Exception, and therefore causing the return data to get lost. We can't rely on a lost Exception.

I'll keep 'trying' to fix things as they come up. If it's actually fixing it, and not breaking it.

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

GOTCHA_SA

Hi @chef

Been away for a bit, while the last DLL you uploaded fixed the adding to the smart List it is now not detecting any movies within the Movie monitor folder, However if i put them in the TV Monitor folder this is detecting them, so not a train smash.

Just updating and thanks for all your hard work on this one

Edited by Ryan_vl

chef, I just had the following situation:

I wanted to sort a single episode which couldn't be determined automatically and therefore needed manual interaction.
Unfortunately though, the plugin doesn't show the episode in the UI so I can't move the episode.
I can see in the logs that the plugin sees the episode.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ryan_vl said:

Hi @chef

Been away for a bit, while the last DLL you uploaded fixed the adding to the smart List it is now not detecting any movies within the Movie monitor folder, However if i put them in the TV Monitor folder this is detecting them, so not a train smash.

Just updating and thanks for all your hard work on this one

Okay, I'll take a look and see what happened.

6 minutes ago, neik said:

chef, I just had the following situation:

I wanted to sort a single episode which couldn't be determined automatically and therefore needed manual interaction.
Unfortunately though, the plugin doesn't show the episode in the UI so I can't move the episode.
I can see in the logs that the plugin sees the episode.

If you inspect element in the browser and look at the console, are there any errors?