Bello Skin

ripper

ripper

Has anyone looked into adding XBMB3C support to the Bello skin? It's amazingly clean and lightweight. I'd love to use it, but wouldn't even know where to begin modding it myself.

xnappo

I think I looked at it a while back and it was based on Confluence, so you might be able to re-use some stuff.  Do you have any coding experience?

xnappo

ripper

I think I looked at it a while back and it was based on Confluence, so you might be able to re-use some stuff.  Do you have any coding experience?

xnappo

Negative... About the only thing that could be considered close would be Bash scripting.

If it's a matter re-using a significant portion of the code, I might be able to figure it out. I may as well have a look.

elcabong

it should be as easy as grepping "mb3" in a modded skin (confluence) and adding the same or similar changes to the new skin.

there is only a handful of .xml that need to be edited for each skin to integrate mb3.

if you want to look at arctic_xbmb3c, i have commented a few things, but you can see in the Includes_Mod.xml how i added the widget/main menu links for mb3.  menu items are start around line 2000 and the widgets are around 4130.

I have added a skin setting, so where you see <visible>Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible> that is only shown when xbmb3c is enabled, and <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible> for the default library functions.  that is probably the first thing i would do when starting a new skin (after renaming the folder and skin title in addon.xml), create the setting and enable it before modifying the rest of the code.

you can see how i added the setting button for xbmb3c in SkinSettings.xml around line 305

also add this to Home.xml near the top so the services are loaded on xbmc startup:

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.xbmb3c)">RunScript(plugin.video.xbmb3c,skin)</onload>

jasonmcroy

I have been interested in learning how to mod skins but it usually seems a bit overwhelming. I am sure it's not as hard as I am thinking. I would be able to look at what changes exist in another modded skin and figure out how to apply that to a new skin. Is it easy enough to list out all the xml files that need to be changed? It that is an easy task I could just look at the code from a currently modded skin and apply that to a skin I would like to mod. I have been interested in modding the Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) skin as it's very lightweight and even if I just use it as it is it works but I would like to add the widgets to the EHS which I haven't been able to figure out how to do and to also have the fanart appear in the background automatically like it does now in the other skins. 

-Jason

ripper

Thanks for the guidance, elcabong. I will be taking a stab at it this weekend. Actually, your Arctic fork is the XBMB3C skin that I like best, but I couldn't get to Live TV. It was displayed on the menu, but I couldn't select it. But, now I feel like I'm hijacking my own thread, so I'll post about it over yonder. Thanks again.

Edited by ripper

xnappo

One thing you guys can do is go look at my Aeon Nox 'commits'.  I checked in the unmodified version first.  It is really not all that bad once you figure out where the heck everything is.  

Go here:

https://github.com/xnappo/aeonnox.xbmb3c/commits/master

and click on the little hex codes on the right and you can see everything changed/added.

xnappo

jasonmcroy

Thanks xnappo! I will check this out and see what I can learn. I would love to be able to figure this out!

elcabong

Thanks for the guidance, elcabong. I will be taking a stab at it this weekend. Actually, your Arctic fork is the XBMB3C skin that I like best, but I couldn't get to Live TV. It was displayed on the menu, but I couldn't select it. But, now I feel like I'm hijacking my own thread, so I'll post about it over yonder. Thanks again.

im actually getting live tv setup next week for the first time, so it will be supported in arctic_xbmb3c soon

• 2 weeks later...
scanner50

Would love to see an XBMB3C mod for Bello.

Me too, have used it for ages on XBMC. Second favorite only to MBT's default skin.

xnappo

It takes the absolute minimum of programming skill to make these skin mods.  Someone just commit to doing it and we will help out.

xnappo

• Like 1

scanner50

Well, I have zero programming skill, but could devote an hour or so a day for it if you provide that help.

Edited by rainking430

xnappo

Okay, so starting from just having Bello installed with XBMB3C, what is the first feature you would like to add?

xnappo

scanner50

Hmmm, I haven't really thought about it? All I'm looking for is to have Bello use and display all data from MBS, basically making MBS the library source. I might want to change the Default accent colors for Bello at some point, but otherwise I like Bello the way it is.

Edited by rainking430

xnappo

So right now, I am guessing there is no way to add entries from the main menu to the XBMB3C video nodes?

xnappo

scanner50

Actually, I haven't even bothered to install XBMB3C since Bello hasn't been listed as a ported skin. I'll install it later when I have a moment and get back to you. Unless someone else who already knows the answer to that question chimes in first.

xnappo

Oh - well XBMB3C does NEED a modified skin to work, it just enhances it.

xnappo

scanner50

Ok, so installed the add-on, and got it working. I have confirmed that you can add XBMB3C to the home menu.

xnappo

But can you add entry points directly pointing to the 'Movies' or 'TV' section ? 

xnappo

Macburp

Hello. I'm prepared to have a go at adding in the XBMB3C plug-in to Bello. I have Gotham v13.1 installed on my windows system (MBS is also there), and was able to download Bello v2.04 to my system. I have entry points for TV Shows and Movies enabled. Bello sees the XBMB3C plug-in, but cannot find the server. Help.

Please bear in mind that I get on well with Mediabrowser but find XBMC difficult. So please keep it simple.

Hope I can help.

xnappo

Right click on XBMB3C (or press 'c') and manually enter the server settings.  It should have found it automatically, but apparently something went wrong.

Macburp

As I had already been playing with XBMC using a few of the already-modded skins, I found when I switched to Bello that XBMB3C was already enabled and the server settings I had set previously were still there. However, no sign of any content if I pick 'TV Shows' or 'Movies' from the main menu.

Edit: Restarted XBMC, loaded XBMB3C, was able to load up my movies but not the TV? I'm rather out of my depth.....