Unable to login into my own account

DeadSonRisingxD

DeadSonRisingxD

Hey guys,

I have just created this account to be able to create this post, as you can go by my title I cannot log into my account any longer.

I created my account about 2 weeks ago roughly, since then I have been able to log into my PC, 2 phones and my Xbox One no problem. My Xbox One as late as yesterday afternoon, using my network all devices recognized me straight away, as I use my password to login. After realizing tonight my phones would not connect to my server when away from my wifi connection, (normally working fine) I tried logging out and logging back in when back home, and keeps saying login details incorrect, I tried logging into the Windows 10 app via the pin and my login details, same problem. 

I am still logged in on my Chrome browser and can navigate fine, and my iPhone has reconnected via my wifi too. But cannot not access the forums. I have tried resetting my password and all I get is "Password saved" but using both Email/user name to login, still says incorrect. Even the password reset link cannot be sent and my Email is not recognized. I'm not sure if I can even find my Email address on my account.  Quite literally overnight it has all stopped working for me, is there anything simple I am missing here??

Late edit to this post: I tried connecting on Xbox One, and my Password worked fine! Then on my second phone, it worked fine, but not any of the browsers or my Windows 10 app!? I am so confused

I'm guessing it is irrelevant to mention but I did activate with Emby Premiere just before leaving my house if that could make an effect anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

@Abobader

DeadSonRisingxD

Hey guys,

I have just created this account to be able to create this post, as you can go by my title I cannot log into my account any longer.

I created my account about 2 weeks ago roughly, since then I have been able to log into my PC, 2 phones and my Xbox One no problem. My Xbox One as late as yesterday afternoon, using my network all devices recognized me straight away, as I use my password to login. After realizing tonight my phones would not connect to my server when away from my wifi connection, (normally working fine) I tried logging out and logging back in when back home, and keeps saying login details incorrect, I tried logging into the Windows 10 app via the pin and my login details, same problem. 

I am still logged in on my Chrome browser and can navigate fine, and my iPhone has reconnected via my wifi too. But cannot not access the forums. I have tried resetting my password and all I get is "Password saved" but using both Email/user name to login, still says incorrect. Even the password reset link cannot be sent and my Email is not recognized. I'm not sure if I can even find my Email address on my account.  Quite literally overnight it has all stopped working for me, is there anything simple I am missing here??

Late edit to this post: I tried connecting on Xbox One, and my Password worked fine! Then on my second phone, it worked fine, but not any of the browsers or my Windows 10 app!? I am so confused

I'm guessing it is irrelevant to mention but I did activate with Emby Premiere just before leaving my house if that could make an effect anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sounds like you're using a combination of direct login to your server and using Emby Connect which is why you can login on some clients and not on others.

1 hour ago, DeadSonRisingxD said:

Try this:

Go here:

https://emby.media/community/

password.png.19d6695c007c6cc3d1367de230a85500.png

Click the Sign In link in yellow on that page followed by the Forgot your password link in red.

Fill in the email address you used when you signed up.

Check your email spam folder if you don't see the message sent from Emby.

Let us know how this works for you.

DeadSonRisingxD

Hi @cayars, thank you for getting back to me.

Could you explain how the combinations of direct logins and with Emby connect would block other logins?

Also, as I explain in my first post, the password reset link you suggested I have tried but returns with unrecognized Email, I am convinced this was the address used though.

Thanks

It's not a matter of "blocking" but a matter of one working and one not.

Remember that you can use the username/password you setup in the server (you control this) so if you login directly to the server that should always work.

If you use Emby Connect you have optionally associated an Emby Connect username with a user on your server.

So you can get to your server and login two different ways. So one may work and one may not if you can't remember the password to one account.

DeadSonRisingxD

Ahh okay, this makes more sense now. But any idea why my Email address isn't being recognized with the password reset link? 

Did you try resetting the password using the method I showed above?

DeadSonRisingxD

Capture.thumb.JPG.b29146320b7593a1c797abc4c241be50.JPGYes, exactly the same way, this is my end result.

Edited by DeadSonRisingxD

2 hours ago, DeadSonRisingxD said:

Hello @Abobader, thank you for getting back to me.

RyaNas is the name

No account for the name above.

DeadSonRisingxD

@cayarsYes sorry, when posted, I realized it was the wrong topic of the forum but couldn't delete. So just case re-posted

@AbobaderHmm, I'm not sure then, RyaNas is the only name I created, as shown below, or is it something I am missing? Sorry I am pretty new to Emby

Capture1.JPG

That looks like a local username.

Let me ask, how many different email addresses do you have that you could have possibly registered Emby Connect with?

Here's another question for you.

Does it really matter what you used for Emby Connect previously?

Can you use your current username?  If so problem solved, just edit your username in your server to use this new login name for Emby Connect.

is that doable?

DeadSonRisingxD

Only the one Email account that I have been using for years now. I thought I would have been able to view and change it within my settings.

And when I say I haven't used Emby long, I mean Emby as a service as a whole, not specifically connect, making me think I am missing something simple here.

Sorry, I am getting fairly confused now, but I do think we are on different pages here. So I'll explain as clearly as I understand it.

So, If you mean the username (RyaNas) as in my local one, then yes I do remember it, (RyaNas) is the only username I have been using on Emby, even changed my server name as it since this post. I don't understand what other usernames there could be. The only username I am able to edit is in Settings>Servers>Users>Edit and there I can change but RyaNas is already there.

But the problem is refereed back to my original post, I am able to login with Emby connect using my phones while connected to my WIFI and my Xbox One, but am unable to login using either my Email or username online on my Windows 10 app/PC web browsers (both within my local network) claiming invalid login details and also my phones when out outside of my local network (or wifi) (it was working before). My phones and Xbox One on my Wifi will login perfectly fine, then the second I sign out and I leave my wifi for 4G, "invalid login", days ago this was fine. 

Previously when trying to change my password (thinking I may have forgotten) it said my Email was unrecognized online, but the password is fine, but the Email attached seems to be in doubt and so is my username. I hope I have explained clearly enough my situation.

Sorry again.

@Abobader

Ifycossy

HI everyone, I am new here. Just created the account for this purpose and am sorry to be a bother. I created Emby account  yesterday through my Nas  and did the necessary setup and configuration and everything was ok. However, when I tired to link my TV to the Emby server connect using the generated pin I found out I can't login to the acouunt. I also tired other platform like Mobile Phone but still can't login. The only way I access the server is if I go through my Nas. 

Any help to fix this will be appreciated . My Emby username is: Cossy

Thanks in advance for helping out!

Cossy

Capture.JPG

21 minutes ago, Ifycossy said:

HI everyone, I am new here. Just created the account for this purpose and am sorry to be a bother. I created Emby account  yesterday through my Nas  and did the necessary setup and configuration and everything was ok. However, when I tired to link my TV to the Emby server connect using the generated pin I found out I can't login to the acouunt. I also tired other platform like Mobile Phone but still can't login. The only way I access the server is if I go through my Nas. 

Any help to fix this will be appreciated . My Emby username is: Cossy

Thanks in advance for helping out!

Cossy

Capture.JPG

Try this again using

ifcossy

as the username as that is what you have signed up here with.  That will be your Emby Connect username.

Once you've done this log back into your server and goto users, edit user

Cossy

and put your Emby Connect username in the optional Emby Connect entry.  Now your Emby Connect username will be linked to your Cossy user on your server.

Ifycossy

Thanks Cayars and Luke it is working now. The suggestion of Cayars was what i followed to resolve the login problem. 

Much appreciated.