Connection problems

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. I am experiencing a connection problem. I have the Emby server at home, internet with download rate of 300 Mbps and upload of 50 Mbps. I access my library from outside the house, 100 km away, on an internet with 30 Mbps download, 30 Mbps upload and 50 ms latency. However, I am experiencing interruptions during playback. The strange thing is that through mobile data, with rates of 20/20 and latency of 400 ms, reproduction flows normally. What can it be? Any tips?

Happy2Play

What client are using for remote playback?

Do you know if the media is trying to Direct Play or Transcode?

If you lowered the in app playback quality does it improve playback?

sandro_rocha_1982
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What client are using for remote playback?

Do you know if the media is trying to Direct Play or Transcode?

If you lowered the in app playback quality does it improve playback?

I'm using the Android client. The file is in Direct Play. Remote playback quality is 1080p @ 4Mbps. In the entire library I have only one file that exceeds that rate. Most are around 2 Mbps. I didn't change it because of the mobile data, whose speed is lower, I have more stability. My question is precisely this: why with a lower rate and more latency am I achieving a more stable reproduction? ps: my remote router is 300 Mbps, 2.4 GHz. My smartphone is limited to 40 Mbps. ps2: on TV (LG WebOS 3.5, via wi-fi) and browser (Firefox, Windows 10, via wi-fi) I am also experiencing stability problems.

Happy2Play

Different providers do different things on their networks so it is really impossible to say.  But if Emby is Direct Playing, it is delivering the media as is.  Even though you have the bandwidth something on that network connect could be throttling the media or even the port.

If you requested a lower quality bitrate do you get the same results?

I would try lowering the in-app quality setting. If you're seeing pausing and stuttering, the majority of the time this simply means the bitrate is too high for the connection.