TVDB Alternate Order

Bigmack3000

Bigmack3000

Could the alternate order option please be added?  Right now, DVD order and absolute order can be selected, but Alternate is missing.  Below is an example of a show on TVDB with an alternate order.

30845461_ScreenShot2020-08-01at2_27_59PM.png.6329159b4024592d753bb8e15c271ea9.png

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Happy2Play

This can not happen until TVDB updates to v4 as there current api does not return these new orders.

Right now, alternate orders aren't exposed on the current API. We do plan to include this in the future, though.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84572-additional-thetvdb-display-orders/

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Do you know if this is something they plan on doing?

According to posts on their forum yes in their next update.  But no timeline of when that will be.

Outbound

is there a way to make custom ordering for different menu's?

for example: "MCU" 

in the "MCU Collection" menu i would like to place them in proper timeline - but in the base "Movies" menu I would like to have them alphabetically.

any suggestions?  

On 8/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Red Devil Law said:

is there a way to make custom ordering for different menu's?

for example: "MCU" 

in the "MCU Collection" menu i would like to place them in proper timeline - but in the base "Movies" menu I would like to have them alphabetically.

any suggestions?  

You could do that with a playlist, although it might not be presented in the way that you're looking for.

• 3 months later...
Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Bigmack3000 said:

TheTVDB sent out an email today saying they are upgrading to "v4".  Is this what was needed to make these other Episode orders work?

Also, would it fix this type of situation, where the dvd order was labeled as "Extended" instead, but the page is locked to changes.

https://thetvdb.com/series/long-way-down

Well v4 will requires a Subscription to TVDB and as of right now we do not know the fate of TVDB plugin in Emby.  But I would guess it will be reworked for user to add their subscription pin to the plugin for it to work.  

Since old api versions are suppose to work until March 2021, I wouldn't expect any thing to change until then.

Bigmack3000

If a subscription is required, does that mean in March we can no longer retrieve any metadata from there without one?

Happy2Play
Just now, Bigmack3000 said:

If a subscription is required, does that mean in March we can no longer retrieve any metadata from there without one?

Correct, unless they announce something different.  There is some discussion here (last couple pages) as they appear to want thousands a month if the devs were to foot the bill vs users 12/yr. 

• 2 years later...
19 minutes ago, Bigmack3000 said:

any update on this?

Hi, not yet, sorry, but it's possible for future updates. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
GrimReaper

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: