Chapter Extraction not working

xXxCubacrazyxXx

xXxCubacrazyxXx

Just moved my server from windows to an unraid container set up my rtx 2060 super to use the nvenc and everything was going so well till i added a new movie and noticed that the chapter extraction is not showing on the movies....dont know if i need to set up permissions on unraid im new to linux....i also have emby container running on my second unraid server..i mounted the smb shared on the second server and pulled the data to the emby container from there...please help me figure out whats the best way to do this...i also noticed if i move data from windows to the servers it reaches gigabit speed but when i do it on krushader mapping the smb share to my second server it wont go over 300 Mb/s if im not wrong i should get close the same 900~ Mb/s that i get from moving the data from windows smb to my second unraid server...thank you guys in advance!!!!!!:D

smb.png

embyserver.txt

mounted.png

Edited by xXxCubacrazyxXx

Hi, did you enable it in the settings for the library? Why exactly do you feel it's not working?

xXxCubacrazyxXx

The chapters are showing on the movies that I added when emby was running on windows...when I migrated the server to unraid template I can see that it saves the Metadata onto the movies folder but the .bif files i think witch is the chapters are not there....not sure whats causing the issue

Screenshot_20200731-140541_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-140520_Emby.jpg

xXxCubacrazyxXx

If I unchecked the option to save Metadata into folders it will make chapters for new Linux template but i won't be able to see the old windows server...really weird situation 

Screenshot_20200731-142443_Emby.jpg

xXxCubacrazyxXx

I meant to say I won't be able to see the chapters created by the old windows client but I  can see the ones created by the unraid template...and vice-versa if i check the option to save thumbnail onto media folder 📂 

Happy2Play

Are you basically saying your new Emby server is no reading the current bif files that are present within your media folders? 

All those ffmpeg logs listed above are for playback not "quick-extract-imageseries", but I believe that log is only created in Debug logging.

But you do have a permissions issues on your new system. "Error ChapterImagesTask: Error creating thumbnails for" 30 time for different media.

2020-07-30 20:45:34.741 Info App: ProcessRun 'quick-extract-imageseries' Execute: /bin/ffmpeg -f matroska -skip_interval 10 -copyts -i file:"/mnt/disks/192.168.1.105_Emby/Kids/Beauty.And.The.Beast.1991.iNTERNAL.HDR.2160p.WEB.H265-WATCHER/beauty.and.the.beast.1991.2160p-watcher.mkv" -an -sn -s 320x180 -vsync cfr -r 0.1 -f image2 "/mnt/user/isos/Emby Backup/Cache/cache/temp/f1cc8436e2dd4045a5fac5e7edd0c34a/img_%05d.jpg"
2020-07-30 20:48:18.000 Info App: ProcessRun 'quick-extract-imageseries' Process exited with code 0
2020-07-30 20:48:18.683 Error ChapterImagesTask: Error creating thumbnails for /mnt/disks/192.168.1.105_Emby/Kids/Beauty.And.The.Beast.1991.iNTERNAL.HDR.2160p.WEB.H265-WATCHER/beauty.and.the.beast.1991.2160p-watcher.mkv
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.3.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 5.7.8.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 22
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
     ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
       at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
       at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CopyFile(String source, String target, Boolean overwrite)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.CreateThumbnailSet(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Int32 width, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.CreateThumbnailSets(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.RefreshThumbnailImages(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, List`1 chapters, Boolean extractImages, Boolean saveChapters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.IO.FileSystem
    TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
    InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
    Source: 
    TargetSite: 

Edited by Happy2Play

xXxCubacrazyxXx

Is reading the old bif files created by the windows client but is not creating new ones.....it puts the fan at logos thumbnail etc onto.media folders the problem is just the bif or chapter creations....how can I fix the permission issue? Whats weird to me is that the unraid template creates everything but the bif or chapters

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, xXxCubacrazyxXx said:

Is reading the old bif files created by the windows client but is not creating new ones.....it puts the fan at logos thumbnail etc onto.media folders the problem is just the bif or chapter creations....how can I fix the permission issue? Whats weird to me is that the unraid template creates everything but the bif or chapters

I do not know this platform but the log shows unraid does not have permissions to write to your media folders.  

Are you saying your Windows system is writing the bif file with your media and the unraid system is not reading them?  Or did your Windows system not save the bif files with media and is only reading them from your Windows install /metadata/library/xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folders?

Edited by Happy2Play

xXxCubacrazyxXx

I dont have the windows client no more...i build a second unraid server so i went from using windows embi client to unraid template...back up the server using the server backup plugging and restored the server on unraid template...reallocated all the necessary directories so the cache etc will work....i don't have a clue on how to give emby permission to create the chapters on unraid template  🙈

Edited by xXxCubacrazyxXx

Happy2Play

But you can see it is not just a bif issue.  Metadata can not be written/updated either do to permission.

Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/disks/192.168.1.105_Emby/Kids/Trolls.World.Tour.2020.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-SWTYBLZ/Trolls.World.Tour.2020.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-SWTYBLZ.nfo' is denied.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, xXxCubacrazyxXx said:

I dont have the windows client no more...i build a second unraid server so i went from using windows embi client to unraid template...back up the server using the server backup plugging and restored the server on unraid template...reallocated all the necessary directories so the cache etc will work....i don't have a clue on how to give emby permission to create the chapters on unraid template  🙈

Do you have bif files saved with your media?  If not your new system has to be able to recreate them and currently it can not do to permission.  Not ideal but if you can not get permission resolved you could simply disable save thumbs in media folder.

As for permissions not sure if this will help or not. 

xXxCubacrazyxXx

I'll try to get the permissions right...at least I know for sure whats the problem now...worst case ill have to disable the option to save the bif files onto the media folders...thank you guys so much for the help!!!!!