Different groups watching shows together?

AdrianW

AdrianW

There's four of us in the house - and different groupings of us watch different shows together. (note: we use MBC)

So, for example

* my son and I like to watch a bunch of shows together

* my son, daughter and I like to watch a different bunch together

* all four of us watch a few other shows together

* etc

I'm not overly concerned about getting watched status for everyone recorded correctly - as long as the major user (usually me) is up to date then that's fine.

What I am interested in though is some way to filter shows by the group that has sat down to watch a few shows together. This would make it much easier to select what to watch next.

Can anyone suggest any methods to do this?

I can think of two - but neither is ideal:

* Split the shows into physical folders - one for each grouping of people who watch those shows (e.g A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D, B+C, etc)

* Assign dummy genres to each show and then index by genre

It would be really useful if there was a built-in method of defining who is interested in each show, and then when a number of us sit down to watch some TV, we could just tell MB who was present, and the shows could be filtered automatically. 

Does anyone else's family watch shows like this? Would anyone find this type of filtering useful?

• Like 1

legallink

I don't know if any of the following would work

1. Different user for each group and then just have the media relevant for that group.

2. Possibly collections? One collection which has the shows for that group?

• Like 1

AdrianW

I was just reading about collections in another thread - I'm going to give that a try when I get home tonight. Although I'm not sure whether collections are currently working in MBC or not.