TV shows skipping to next episode before the end of current episode

chaytorial

chaytorial

Hi,

I have had this problem for a while and across multiple playback apps (LG TV and Firefox mostly).

What happens is, when an episode hits a certain timestamp it just ends and the next episode begins. I currently get around this by restarting the episode and restarting playback just after the timestamp.

It is a repeatable problem, if I play the same episode multiple times it will skip at the same timestamp. Different files skip at different timestamps. Some don;t skip at all and some skip at multiple different timestamps. All of the troublesome files themselves play fine in VLC player on my laptop.

I'm a bit of a noob so I can't see the issue from the log, but I have attached it below. The episode ended prematurely at 14:54:04.

If it is helpful I run Emby Server for NVidia Shield 4.4.2.0.

Kind Regards,
David

log.txt

Can't tell much from that log fragment but if you get the same results repeatably with the same episode that would seem to indicate an encoding issue.

How did you encode these files?

Can you please attach the complete emby server log as well as the ffmpeg log? thanks.

Is this running on a Shield TV?

How much free internal space do you have for transcoding?

chaytorial

Sorry to take so long getting back to you.

The device itself has around 10gb free on the internal drive and a further 12gb on an attached USB drive.

I had assumed that the full storage volume should be available for transcoding? I have left the 'Transcoding temporary path' input empty in the server transcoding settings.

If you play the file back via the Android TV client on the Shield TV how does it play?

Do you get the same result with up next.

chaytorial

Hi,

I played the file back via the Android TV client on the Shield TV and the episode finished fine. I did notice that the file was direct playing rather than transcoding, I don't know whether that is relevant but I have attached the logs.

I have also attached a second log from a different video file that skipped (at 21:30:45) while using the Emby App on my LG TV.

I don't have much experience with the NVidia shield app as the device it is hooked up to my LG TV, and I prefer the UI on the LG Emby app. It also works with the LG magic remote, which the NVdidia Shield can't of course.

embyserver - LG App Ep crash 21.30.45.txt embyserver - Shield App No crash 21.54.00

chaytorial

Hi Cayars.

The Shield TV is hooked up to the same LG TV.

When watching on my LG TV I tend to use the LG TV Emby app, which does have this issue with certain TV episodes ending prematurely (see the first log from my most recent post). On the rare times that I use the Shield TV app the same episodes seem to work fine. I use Emby on my android phone (samsung s8) fairly frequently, and these episodes seem to work fine on that too.

When watching on my laptop I log in to emby player through firefox. I get the issue with TV episodes ending early there as well (see the logs in my first 2 posts).

Thanks for that extra information.  That should be of help.

This probably requires a dev to look at. 

@Luke