Mi TV Stick - Worth?

Silvio Brenner Gomes Vieir

Silvio Brenner Gomes Vieir

I need to buy a TV box to put on my old TV, I would like cost / benefit suggestions and I would like to know, will it be that The new launch of Xiaomi, the Mi TV Stick employee Emby normally? because I got interesting.

Follow the link with the specifications.

https://www.mi.com/global/mi-tv-stick/

Sammy

I have the Emby app on my MiBox s's. It is in the PlayStore but I have the beta sideloaded. The beta is very stable.

neik
1 hour ago, Sammy said:

I have the Emby app on my MiBox s's. It is in the PlayStore but I have the beta sideloaded. The beta is very stable.

+1

vdatanet

If you don't need 4K Mi TV Stick may be good for you. Maybe today you don't need 4K but tomorrow maybe you do. Depending on the price difference, Mi Box TV S may be more useful.

Sammy
1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

If you don't need 4K Mi TV Stick may be good for you. Maybe today you don't need 4K but tomorrow maybe you do. Depending on the price difference, Mi Box TV S may be more useful.

This,  of course, is bit rate dependent. It handles 4k from Netflix et al just fine but local content with bit rates above 40mps? Forget about it! (Unless you want to transcode). I don't worry too much about it as my 2016 ShieldTV is in the theater doing things the MiBox cannot do. I do have six MiBox s' scattered about connected to one or more of my TV's throughout the house, TV's that don't need 4k or lossless audio either.

vdatanet

These are the prices in Spain:

521193854_Anotacin2020-07-30190422.jpg.42f512bf4d721badc48d764a000b81e1.jpg

I prefer the Original Mi Box S 4K instead of the new stick 1080p

mastrmind11

the mibox is small enough to fit behind a tv/receiver/preamp already.  not sure what you gain with the stick.  half the price?  maybe.  plus, no way to hard wire it like you can on the mibox (with external dongle, of course).

Only 1GB of RAM?   I would not suggest that for direct playing any content over about 15Mb...

neik
On 8/1/2020 at 5:37 PM, ebr said:

Only 1GB of RAM?   I would not suggest that for direct playing any content over about 15Mb...

Besides the 4K, the FireTV's don't have more, do they? 

On 8/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, neik said:

Besides the 4K, the FireTV's don't have more, do they? 

The 4K stick is 1.5 and the true Fire devices are 2.

The regular Mi is 2 as well.