Files won’t play on iOS app

Shafquat

Shafquat

I connected to an emby server, the media shows up but on both iOS app for Apple TV 4K and my iPhone 11 Pro no video plays. 

Files I tried streaming: high bitrate/low bitrate, h264, mkv, hevc 

I have also tried to use infuse 6 pro but after media showing up nothing plays. 

Same server, Works on chrome browser for iOS and on windows. 

any help will be appreciated 

You may want to talk to the server owner and ask to see if you are limited to only web or if you can use any device.

Emby Server allows locking people to devices so that could be what you are seeing.

I don't think he can provide logs as it's doesn't sound like it's his Emby server, just one he's connecting to. (unless I misunderstood).

Ok we will probably need the server admin involved in order to troubleshoot this. For instance, it could just be a general failure within the iOS app, or they may have disabled certain features on the server that could be causing this.

Shafquat
Just now, Luke said:

Ok we will probably need the server admin involved in order to troubleshoot this. For instance, it could just be a general failure within the iOS app, or they may have disabled certain features on the server that could be causing this.

Yeah Luke, I am connecting to someone else’s server. I tried limiting playback bitrate to 4MBPS in the emby app and it plays.

But not like on my Windows pc or the chrome browser on iOS where it just plays at the best possible quality without any issue. 

I will contact the admin and ask to share a server log, don’t know if they will comply.