Two missing channels

nl3d

Hello @ebr,

Two new channels came online almost a year ago and the Emby Channel Guide still does not have guide data for them.  I have tried mapping channels, and they simply do not show in the list.  I can tune to the channels via Emby and the HDHomeRun app so I know they are active.  I've tried a few different zip codes for the guide data and none work.  I'm currently using USA-OTA99654, which is accurate for my home location.  Is there a way to get them added to the Emby Program Guide?

KTBY ANCHORAGE, AK

04-2 20.4  DABL  Dabl       
04-3 20.5  COZI  COZI TV

Thank you!
Mike

I don't know what your location is but if you add a new guide and use a zipcode that's in Anchorage, AK do these two stations show up in that guide data?

Hi,

I am about 30 miles north of Anchorage.  I tried 99501 and 99507 and neither had program guide information for the two channels.

Thank you for checking.  Sometimes a zipcode change like that can work for people.

No problem.  That's one of the first things I tried.  I also tried adding the local cable company (GCI) but they do not carry those channels.

Funny that you said that because I was just going to suggest looking at local cable as well as the lineup for Dish and Direct TV.

For network channels that aren't local you can also often just use a listing from any other city in your timezone.  That would likely work for Cozi.

If I goto https://www.dabl.com/watch-on-tv and point in one of the zipcodes you listed above it shows this channel as station KYUR.

So maybe see if that channel is in the guide.

https://www.cozitv.com/tv-listings/ shows schedules by timzezone so you should be able to find Cozi in another town/state in your timezone and it will work since it's the same schedule.

I don't think that'll work.  Alaska is its own timezone, and Anchorage is its own market which I'm pretty sure services all of Alaska through translators.  The nearest TV market is Seattle, but they are an hour ahead of us.

Yup, I found that too.  It's strange because DABL/COZI are not KYUR according to the OTA data; they're KTBY.  This information is reality when I direct tune the channels via the HDHomeRun app.

KYUR ANCHORAGE, AK
13-1 12.1  KYUR-HD  ABC "KYUR ABC 13"     
13-2 12.2  KYUR CW  CW+       
13-3 12.3  KYURFOX  FOX "Fox 4"    (KTBY 04-1)
KTBY ANCHORAGE, AK
04-1 20.3  KTBY-HD  FOX "Fox 4"     
04-2 20.4  DABL  Dabl       
04-3 20.5  COZI  COZI TV

Here's the HDHomeRun Channel listing.  DABL and COZI are being transmitted by KTBY not KYRU.

Channels (31)
  2.1 KTUU-HD  
  2.2 H&I  
  2.3 StartTV  
  2.4 Justice  
  4.1 KTBY-HD  
  4.2 DABL  
  4.3 COZI  
  5.1 My-TV5  
  5.2 ANT TV  
  5.3 Circle  
  7.1 KAKM-HD  
  7.2 Create  
  7.3 KAKM7.3  
  7.4 24_7HD  
  11.1 KTVA-HD  
  13.1 KYUR-HD  
  13.2 KYUR CW  
  13.3 KYURFOX  
  31.1 TBN  
  31.2 SBN  
  31.3 BOUNCE  
  31.4 COURT  
  33.1 Ion  
  33.2 Tmundo  
  33.3 MeTv  
  33.4 Grit  
  33.5 Laff  
  35.1 KCFT-LP  
  35.2 KCFT-LP  
  35.3 KCFT-LP  
  35.4 KCFT-LP

I'm trying to see if I can match these up right now on my system.

Try this.  Use Fairbanks, AK zipcode 99703 for OTA.  Cozi is channel 2.4 KATN according to their website,  But looking this up on Titan TV it shows 2.4 as ion :(

So check carefully.  Dabl should be 2.5 on same lineup (if there).

Figures right?  Imagine if the tv stations could actually tell us accurately what OTA and cable systems they are on.

Out of luck for a work around probably if you can't find another list in your timezone.

But the missing channels will get reported.