New Player Interface Zoom Function

buddyweiser

buddyweiser

@@ebr, I noticed a couple days ago that all of my movies/tv shows were being zoomed in. I had time this morning so I thought I'd get to the bottom of it. I tried everything, toggled all themes, even uninstalled MBC. Finally with MBC uninstalled, I played a video on the stock player and found the zoom function to work properly.

It took me quite some time :/ Anyway, here's the deal, if you change the aspect ratio while watching a video with the stock WMC player(either by viewing a theme video full screen, or disabling the new player interface), WMC remembers this zoom. Then, if you enable the new player interface, the WMC zoom you previously set is defaulted, and cannot be undone using the new player interface. In fact, using the new interface results in zooming in on an already zoomed in video, which naturally gave off really crappy quality

Is there anything that can be done about this? I doubt it will really affect many people, and if it cant be changed, then this thread can help those that cant figure this issue out.

I'm not sure.  I couldn't find any way to programmatically manipulate that.  If there is one, I wrote too much code.

Unfortunately, finding out how to do these types of things in WMC is real hunt and peck since, I think, I'm the only one coding in the technology since 2012.

• Like 2

buddyweiser

I'm not sure.  I couldn't find any way to programmatically manipulate that.  If there is one, I wrote too much code.

Unfortunately, finding out how to do these types of things in WMC is real hunt and peck since, I think, I'm the only one coding in the technology since 2012.

If you are the only one, you're doing a fantastic job upholding the legacy!