Is the Emby Channel Available Internationally

prakritjay

prakritjay

I want to get a streaming stick, and have been looking at the Roku Stick+. However, I live in a country not officially supported by Roku (Product not officially sold here). Is the Emby app available worldwide? If not, there is no point getting the device. 

thanks for the help. 

Hi, yes, although I don't know how if that will work or not. For example, I don't know if Roku has any region detection/blocking that might prevent you from being able to do that.

If I remember correctly it doesn't work without help.  If you run it behind a VPN so you appear to be in a supported country that the device was sold for it does work.

You might want to pickup an Android TV device instead.  Feel free to ask for suggestions in the hardware section of the site https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/168-hardware/

You might also want to read this thread for ideas 

prakritjay

Thanks @Luke. Has Emby put any restriction when putting up the channel on the Channel Store for georestrictions? Or did you enable it for all countries?

You will have to register your device in a region Roku does support using a VPN and use a router that supports that VPN that the Roku is routed through. That is the only way to accomplish this. The most applications are hosted on the US Roku store. The UK Roku store has the second highest application count.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Accounts-Billing-Orders/Does-Roku-need-to-be-region-set/td-p/471736

Edited by speechles

prakritjay

But is the Emby app only available on the US and UK store, or on every store? Because if it's on every store, like @ebr said, then I shouldn't have an issue right?

The problem is Roku isn't available in every country. If Roku is not available in your country you will not have a Roku store. You cannot register a Roku from an IP address in your country unless Roku has a presence there. What country are you in?

Emby is available on Roku for every region Roku supports. For regions not supported you must register your Roku in a country that is supported.

Edited by speechles