Music Video automatic grouping and artist association

RedStripe

RedStripe

Issue #1
When automatically grouping Music Videos either
1) "Music Videos" should still be available from Music menu bar

or
2) "Music Videos" option should be removed from Music menu bar

Personally I would prefer an option to choose. Of course these are only suggestions.

Issue #2
My Music Videos are mp4s. I have set the "Artist" and "Album Artist" tags. Yet selection of "Artist" or "Album Artist" does not display associated music videos.

In the past I have asked more than one question/issue in a post. Rarely, if ever, do I receive a response to anything beyond the first question/issue. I group questions because in my estimation they are related and in some cases may even facilitate potential resolution. Please respond to both of my issues above even if it's just to say you will not respond to more than 1 question/issue in a post.

Thanks for your attention and a great app!   B)

Edited by RedStripe

We'll eventually fix up the mp4 tag reading for music videos.

As far as the option requests, never say never but I'm not sure I see that happening. In the grand scheme of things, very few users have music videos, and even fewer have multiple music video libraries that they want to separate. So rather than go crazy with options it is much more likely that we will just try to come up with something that we think people will go happy with. Remember that these display options have to trickle down to clients. Adding too many may overwhelm our UI developers and scare them off, so we have to pick and choose these things carefully.

I wouldn't mind having more music video support. I have several hundred music videos that I have broken into genre folders. I used media center master to create basic metadata for it but it would be nice to have some of it automated like movies and tv

RedStripe

Thanks for your response Luke. But I may not have been clear in my first issue (Issue #1). It has nothing to do with multiple Music Video libraries. It has to do with the Music Video button on the Music page. When the option to group Music Videos with Music is NOT selected under My Preferences->My Views, clicking the Music Video button on the Music page does nothing (actually shows 0 of 0 Music Videos even if there are Music Videos). My suggestion is that this button be removed if does nothing or alternatively display Music Videos even when Music Videos are NOT grouped with Music. It is not a big deal, but why have an option that has no/misleading functionality?

Edited by RedStripe