Trakt General Setup Questions

DuffMan

DuffMan

Hi

I have had some problems recently where for some reason I have to reinstall my MB server and lose my watched status, so I decided to configure trakt

Seems easy created an account and installed the plugin.

I noticed there was 2 scheduled tasks created, but with no triggers set, one to pull form trakt, and one to push to it.

I configured both for 1 hour, it synced my library and I was happy.

I also noticed that when I watch something, trakt seems to know what I am watching instantly.. ie there is no 1 hour delay on what have been watched and what haven't.

Problem is that sometimes I watch a show and it becomes unwatched again, so I will watch S01E06, and then when it is done, I will watch S01E07. next day I will open and E07 is marked as watched but E06 is unwatched again...

I was wondering if this is due to the schedule, if it so happens then it pulls from trakt next will it overwrite my local watched status with the trakt unwatched status?

I was looking for some insight as to how this actually works and if trakt seems to know live what i actually watch, what is the need for the push to trakt scheduled task? etc

I didn't see much documentation for the plugin if this already exists, just point me to it i don't mind to read.

Thanks Heaps

Duff Man

Redshirt

The task triggers aren't set for those two tasks because they shouldn't need to be run regularly. They are intended to just be run occasionally if at all. It's possible that because you have the triggers set to occur so frequently that it did cause the discrepancy you mentioned. I'd remove the triggers or set them to a less frequent value such as once a day. Trakt will monitor your library in realtime and report any changes to trakt.tv.  

DuffMan

Thanks, so i have removed the hourly trigger and set it to daily 4:00 am and 4:10 am.

I am guessing i need the trigger to tell trakt about new shows etc that i have?

I will report back weather this fixed the issue or not.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
DuffMan

It seems to be working better, at present, but it is still doing some strange things.

I have marked a special show for Top Gear as watched like 3 or 4 times now and each time the next day it is unwatched again.

Could this be due to Trakt not knowing about the special, or it maybe being named incorrectly?

• 2 weeks later...
ginjaninja

I am using trakt to syncronise watched status between a plex and mb3 media server...ill turn off task triggers as mentioned above...havent got the two systems to play nicely yet....will investigate further..anyone else doing somethimg similar?