Can't get Alexa to play from Emby by name

insideClaw

insideClaw

Hello. I recently got the Amazon Echo 3 and I'm trying to get it to play my own library from my Synology NAS using voice. 

I've fully set up Emby and paid for the Premier membership. I secured it for usage with the Alexa Emby skill, but despite spending so much time over it yesterday, the best I can get it playing all songs from my library. If I ask "Alexa, what is the song?" or anything of the sort, I either get the "Don't know that" or the "uh-oh, alerting Emby team" reply. Following, I can't ask her to play a song or artist. 

The weird part is that my Emby library is indexed perfectly, artists and songs metadata correct. It's just Alexa can't use that information using the Emby skill.

Any advice? If I'm to pay a monthly subscription just to play my own music, I'd like to be able to do that properly by calling out songs and artists...

PS: Oh, and the connection breaks occassionally too, where it loses the Emby player and can't access the skill to even restart playback of anything.

hardware_detection-63731407358.txt embyserver.txt embyserver-63731407333.txt

Edited by insideClaw

insideClaw

Hi @Luke, thanks for the prompt reply. It's good to know that's being acknowledged as a problem.

I can only assume hopefully that it once used to work, because all the current state of the Alexa Emby skill connectivity to Emby is good for, is to get people to subscribe to Premier then find out it's lacking its core functionality. If this feature (a paid one, even) was released in this state to begin with, then I'd have serious doubts.

Good luck with solving the issue, I'll be sure to check back if it starts working before my Premier month expires and I have to look into other options.

Edited by insideClaw