Prevent 'Non TVDB' Files in Season 00 folder from being detected as any season other than Season 00

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

ginjaninja

Background

When storing tv series content i find there are two types of files

• Files indexed on tvdb
  • Files not indexed on tvdb

I put unindexed content in "Season 00" [typically bluray extras), in the hope that it shows up unindexed in "season 00" ie. just a filename and an image extracted from the file.

[if theres a better way to store unindexed files please say]

This generally works but files are sometimes detected  incorrectly

"H:\TV04\The Brittas Empire\Season 00\The.Brittas.Empire.Christmas.Special.1994.mp4" is detected as Season 19 Episode 94, then shows on next up as such.

Extra content seems to often have four digit years in the filename which fall foul of Emby trying to be helpful. (but 4 digit years may not be the only issue)

I guess there are competing interests here, with folks who would like Emby to understand the season structure from the filename itself and not 'have to' have "season XX" sub folders. But is there a design that would allow unindexed content to be stored in the tv series folder (and be viewable in emby by filename) without fear that it will be misidentified as belonging to another season.

maybe Emby could support a folder name "Extras", whos contents are never attempted to be matched, but just show show as original filenames.

Sometimes these extras run into 100s of files and there is limited value in trying to add them all to the tvdb index. The specific example i used was a bad one as this file probably should be indexed as a special and is actually indexed in a season, but the request to safely / predictably store unindexed content still stands.

thanks for considering.

• Like 1

• Solution
PenkethBoy

cant you just add S00Exx - where xx is beyond the number of extras on tvdb

i do this for extras which are not specials - usually i start xx at 100

and place them in season 0

• Like 4

ginjaninja
4 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

cant you just add S00Exx - where xx is beyond the number of extras on tvdb

i do this for extras which are not specials - usually i start xx at 100

and place them in season 0

thanks for suggestion, yes that seems to work.

Red5ive

There are several ways to hack this but what we need is for emby to handle TV show 'extras' differently from 'special episodes'.

There is a big discussion here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55915-emby-server-theater-additional-extrasspecial-folder-types-for-tv-series-similar-to-movies/

where many of us are requesting that extra folders are supported like they already are for movies.

I would encourage you to comment and like the topic to gain more attention to this from the devs.