Unable to Premier Key or Link Emby Connect Account

toady001

toady001

Hi all,

Recently install this on my DS918+ to compare with plex and to try get IPTV running however stumbling into a problem loading the premier key that was sent to me.

According to the server, and after saving the key, I get a message below saying Premiere key is either invalid or missing. I have reached out to support and they say a firewall may be blocking the server getting access to the internet. To my knowledge there is no firewall setup on my snology and the router I have disabled all forms of security but still the problem persists.

In addition, I can;t link my connect account from the user settings as it sends an error of "There was an error adding the amby connect account"

Logging into my connect account and then pointing to my server it says it can't connect at the provided ip address and port. I find this strange since I am working on the server remotely using the exact same details.

Only thing I can think is the IP address of EMBY is either on some known blacklist DB or the ISP is actively blocking it, the latter being unlikely as I installed emby on my windows pc to test and have the exact same issues trying to link an account.

Attached is also the log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

image.thumb.png.83c358e71a1faa31cf8dce7013fdbcdb.png

Edited by toady001

toady001

Same outcome.

The log is now a little less cluttered and I see there are references to connection failures to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json as well as the connect portal however can't understand how or why it is not getting throug or what is blocking it because if I remote to another PC on that network and put that link into the browser, it gets through no problems.

Is there some way to test from inside synology if it can access or even ping that url?

embyserver (2).txt

Ok so then in that case it looks like there is something blocking your outgoing connections. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software or VPN. If you have Synology Quick Connect enabled, a couple users have reported that causing this as well.