Emby server for Android does not play videos

pibuntu

pibuntu

After installing Emby server on both Raspberry Pi (running Ubuntu 20.04-1 LTS) and on macOS Catalina 15.5, where videos (mp4/H.264) and music (mp3) from both servers can be played normally in the Firefox browser on macOS, I installed the Android version (Xiaomi Mi Pro running EMUI 11 (Android 10).
But when playing from the Android server on the same client Mac I got the message:

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I played the same on Android client itself (i.e. localhost) with Firefox for Android, and the same error occurred. So it is an Android server issue.

Then I tried the following (not exactly Android, but more Linux): I have Termux and Andronix (proot Ubuntu subsystem on Android which works rather good) and installed

dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.4.3.0_arm64.deb

which almost succeeded with the error

System has not been booted with systemd as init system

which I can understand on a proot system, but how can I start the server manually just as I start the Apache or MySQL service in a prooted Linux.
Executing 'emby-server' from a terminal (as root within the environment) issues an error despite having the attributes '-rwxr-xr-x'.

Hi there can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play? Thanks.

pibuntu
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play? Thanks.

Hi, I completely reinstalled emby server but the problem persists, find attached the logs.

Used client browser: Firefox 78.02 macOS, server running on Android 10 (MIUI 11).

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 21.55.22.png

logs.zip

Hmm. Would you mind trying the beta server and see if that makes a difference? Thanks.

I see a couple of things in the log

2020-07-28 16:11:32.036 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Error Output:
    CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": cannot locate symbol "__trunctfdf2" referenced by "/data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg"...

I didn't see a movie being played here but maybe I missed it.

What video (name) where you trying to play?

Can you also post a picture showing the metadata for this video? You can find this at the bottom of the detail screen for it.

Ok thanks for the info. We'd probably have to test on this device ourselves in order to get to the bottom of it.

pibuntu
19 hours ago, cayars said:

I see a couple of things in the log

2020-07-28 16:11:32.036 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Error Output:
    CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": cannot locate symbol "__trunctfdf2" referenced by "/data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg"...

I didn't see a movie being played here but maybe I missed it.

What video (name) where you trying to play?

Can you also post a picture showing the metadata for this video? You can find this at the bottom of the detail screen for it.

I was playing an audio track mp3, no video.

Unfortunately the nature of it is that it requires individual testing on the devices we want to support. It works just fine on the Shield as well as the phones we have on hand for testing. We'll have to pick up a Xiaomi in order to test it out. Thanks.

I've got MiBox S but no Raspberry Pi.  If needed I could always try and play something back remotely and send logs Luke if this would help. Doubtful but thought I'd mention it.

• 7 months later...

No action taken for the last month on my Shield and now I am getting this error: " to many errors" and the Server Tells me: "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." 1. Re-installed app on Shield - same problem. 2. Tried to uninstall last update, but still investigation how to do it.

46 minutes ago, mrpep said:

No action taken for the last month on my Shield and now I am getting this error: " to many errors" and the Server Tells me: "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." 1. Re-installed app on Shield - same problem. 2. Tried to uninstall last update, but still investigation how to do it.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !