Scanning progress bar no longer showing?

Mike_Scott23

Mike_Scott23

Recently, after adding new movies to my folder and clicking on scan libraries, I realized that the scanning progress bar neither appears in the dashboard nor does it show the progress pie in the libraries. However, new folders are still being detected (albeit very slowly). Anyone can help?

If they are small libraries you might not even see the scans being done or being reported.

Are these local drives or network drives holding your media?

Mike_Scott23

Hi cayars,

In contrary, it's a large library of movies.What's strange is that I used to be able to see the progress bar for this exact folder when syncing. I am using network Google Drive for file storage.

Not too sure what happened, but I would prefer if the progress bar can let me know which stage of the syncing it is under.

You would want to check your logs.  Often times Google will limit your access so when scanning it comes up with errors and the scanning is screwed up. Later it will work again and you'll get updates to the libraries.  With Google you see really wacky results at times and often times can't reproduce.

Not saying that's your issue but certainly could be.  Key is check your logs and see what's happening and to see if any errors are logged as step 1.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I have not seen any issues.  But I can not see it hit every library if that is the OPs issue.

scan.thumb.jpg.3d032552e38270735a52f7b9a41e8711.jpg