Mycloud home, Plex Folder to Emby

lancelot

lancelot

Hey everyone,

New to emby, have installed it the last 5-6 months and trying to use it. I have Mycloud Home Nas (if u can call it a nas...) and i use plex through it, as my bedroom tv is a Samsung old smart tv and it can "play" only that app. 

On my living room, i have Shield Tube and i have installed Emby Server. I am trying make Emby on Shield, see my Plex folder (via upnp/dlna) but can't make it work. It's not possible? Ty in advance for anyone can help :)

Do you have any other computer you can run Emby Server other than the Shield TV Tube? Unlike the Pro version, the Tube is geared more as a client only device.

But to try and help with your question, have a read through this web page which should explain it pretty well.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-mount-network-storage-nvidia-shield-tv

You first need to mount the NAS to the Shield itself before Emby Server will have access to it.

lancelot

Ty for the answer. I have found that article before, i hoped someone around here could have managed to mount mycloud home nas to shield :( I have a pc that can ran emby server, but i was hoping to manage it via shield which is always open, rather than have to open my pc every time i want to play the movies

What folder path did you add into that other server? Can you add the same folder path into Emby?

1 hour ago, lancelot said:

Ty for the answer. I have found that article before, i hoped someone around here could have managed to mount mycloud home nas to shield :( I have a pc that can ran emby server, but i was hoping to manage it via shield which is always open, rather than have to open my pc every time i want to play the movies

I'm not sure what you're issue is.  That article will show you how to mount a network share (ie your NAS) on the Shield TV so that the Shield TV has access your videos.

Once that is done you can setup the libraries in Emby Server using the mount points you just setup on the Shield TV.

lancelot

Let me elaborate :)

As i have mentioned i have Nvidia Shield Tube on my Living room and Mycloud Home. I use Plex on Mycloud Home as i have a rather old Samsung TV on my bedroom that can only play Plex. So i have stored in Mycloud Home, Plex Folder all my movies and through the app i can watch everything. The idea is how i can make Emby see Mycloud Home's Plex Folder. When i follow the above guide, it seems that Nvidia Shield can only see my Public folder on Mycloud Home and not Plex which is UPNP/DLNA Folder. Kodi on the other hand see that but as you may know, you can't integrate UPNP/DLNA Folders in Kodi library. So i thought Emby, but Emby doesn't see the folders at all. So i asked here, in case someone faced a similar issue and managed to make Emby read Plex Folder on Mycloud Home via Nvidia Shield. Maybe the question must be asked on Mycloud Home or Nvidia Shield Forums

When i follow the above guide, it seems that Nvidia Shield can only see my Public folder on Mycloud Home and not Plex which is UPNP/DLNA Folder.

Correct. We don't have any features to import content using dlna, although it's something we're interested in adding.

You would have to add the library using the path to the folder.

If you can't figure it out send me a PM and I can teamview in and help you get this initially setup as far as the shares go on the MyCloud, the Shield TV mounts as well as Emby using them.

I've got a few MyClouds as well as Shield TVs (not the tubes) so pretty familiar with all of them and can definitely get you pointed in the right direction in just a few minutes.

Carlo

• 2 months later...