Codec Intros

Sammy

Sammy

Does anyone have a good source of Codec Intro files to use in the Emby Server?

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

Sammy
What have you tried?
Nothing yet. I don't know where to find them in a MKV or MP4 file.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Choose a particular codec and try google searching. I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Sammy

Thanks!

I already downloaded a few. Now to properly name them and rescan my library.

jachin99

I subscribed to cinemavision for a few months and grabbed a lot of these.  There are other sites with free videos also though. 

• Thanks 1

Sammy
7 hours ago, jachin99 said:

I subscribed to cinemavision for a few months and grabbed a lot of these.  There are other sites with free videos also though. 

Just signed up. Now to peruse them and get them all set up for Emby's use.

Sammy

This Topic needs more examples to properly name codec intros.. All codec types need to be fully laid out. 

Codec Intros

Codec intros allow you to create intros based on the media information of the main feature you are watching. For example, if you're watching a movie with AC3 audio, you can create an ac3 intro called ac3.mp4, and place this in your codec intro path.

The following fields are used to determine a match:

• Video Codec
  • Audio Codec
  • Audio Profile
  • Tags

Here are some examples:

• A movie has h264 video, intro file is named "h264.mp4"
  • A movie has ac3 audio, intro file is named "ac3.mkv"
  • A movie has DTS-HD MA audio profile, intro file is named "dts-hd ma.avi"
  • You've added a tag to a movie called "waffle", intro file is named "waffle.mpg".

Sammy

The exact naming convention for each codec needs to be laid out. I did dd for Dolby Digital 5.1 following the one example provided for dts-hd ma and it did not work.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

The exact naming convention for each codec needs to be laid out. I did dd for Dolby Digital 5.1 following the one example provided for dts-hd ma and it did not work.

For Dolby Digital you would use "AC3". For Dolby Digital Plus you would use "EAC3" or possibly "E-AC3" not sure which there.

• Thanks 1

Sammy
Just now, speechles said:

For Dolby Digital you would use "AC3". For Dolby Digital Plus you would use "EAC3" or possibly "E-AC3" not sure which there.

That makes perfect sense! LOL. So Dolby Digital is the same as Advanced Codec 3 and Dobly Digital Plus is the same as Enhanced Advanced Codec 3 or something like that..

For strait dts it is just dts then..

What about other forms of dts such as the 6 channel variety that  was used on a the Fellowship of the Ring series amongst others?

What about Atmos? dts-ex

I complete list of how to name these would be appreciated. Being able to have a few that would be randomly selected would be awesome!

Th5F0sK.png

It is exactly the same as the server shows for the codecs. It should be anyways.

2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Okay. I'll take a gander but putting this in the WiKi would be nice.

Yep. Having examples for all the codecs would be most excellent.

5 Excellent Bill and Ted phrases you can use in any situation ...

• Haha 1

I added a couple more lines in that section to clarify the name (minus extension) should match the media's audio or video codec.

Added the EAC3 example as well.

If you have any suggestions or changes you'd recommend, let us know.

Sammy
44 minutes ago, speechles said:

Th5F0sK.png

It is exactly the same as the server shows for the codecs. It should be anyways.

@cayars How about some screen grabs like this^ in the WiKi to better explain how to format these filenames?

16 minutes ago, cayars said:

I added a couple more lines in that section to clarify the name (minus extension) should match the media's audio or video codec.

Added the EAC3 example as well.

If you have any suggestions or changes you'd recommend, let us know.

All that said, and this is something for @Luke It would be nice to be able to have several different ones that were randomly chosen but it appears that with the current filename match to the codec this is limited. 

Sammy

I suppose I glossed right over

"Tip: The file name (before extension) should be the same name as the codec shown when looking at a video for either audio codec or video codec. To review the media information for one of your videos, visit the detail screen in the web app."

A picture is worth a thousand words and if it was shown like suggested above it would be harder to miss.

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

So I tried truehd and truehd 71 and truehd 7.1 for a movie with a TrueHD 7.1 track and nothing spectacular happened; actually nothing happened at all.