Seperate live tv channel/guide for specific user?

dovedescent7

dovedescent7

I know this might be asking a lot but i am a premiere member and i am wondering if i can make a whole separate set of live tv channels/guide for a specific user?

Or have two different sets of live tv channels/guide and assign one set to a certain user?

The problem is, my parents like all the sports networks and there's a ton of them.

For me, i dont watch any sports channels. So i don't want all their sports channels on my guide. Make sense? is this possible?

You can do this but it's a bit of work.  In a nutshell you edit each channel that you don't want to show and add a tag such as HideChannel or similar name.

Then you edit the users who don't want all those "extra" channels and set a filter to not show anything with the tag HideChannel.

So now your parents will get the whole lineup but you can only see the channels without the tag.

Check out this knowledge base article which explains the tag part for the channels.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001921236-how-to-hide-specific-tv-channels-edit-parental-rating-or-set-tags

There is a link in that article to the parental section as well which will show how to apply the tag.

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll add to the knowledge base article.

Try it with a couple of channel to see if this works the way you want it to.

Carlo

• Like 1

dovedescent7
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

You can do this but it's a bit of work.  In a nutshell you edit each channel that you don't want to show and add a tag such as HideChannel or similar name.

Then you edit the users who don't want all those "extra" channels and set a filter to not show anything with the tag HideChannel.

So now your parents will get the whole lineup but you can only see the channels without the tag.

Check out this knowledge base article which explains the tag part for the channels.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001921236-how-to-hide-specific-tv-channels-edit-parental-rating-or-set-tags

There is a link in that article to the parental section as well which will show how to apply the tag.

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll add to the knowledge base article.

Try it with a couple of channel to see if this works the way you want it to.

Carlo

So essentially, in my case since my parents need "extra" channels i would in other words be "restricting" my channels to only see the ones i want.

This makes sense to me.

What doesnt so much is the knowledge article guide.

It would be more helpful if that knowledge article guide provided at least one example on how to do this. Like a full walk through of doing it one time.

Yes you ONLY restrict yourself to the "good stuff".  BTW, you can use this technique for everyone with a different tag as well like "RemoveChannel" and apply that to channel you just don't want listed for anyone.  On my system that's channels like QVC, Home Shopping Network, Spanish Channels (no one in my family speaks Spanish), Audio only channels, etc.

You probably have enough info to get by doing this but if you can wait a bit, I'll get you a much better walk through of doing this and update the knowledge base to show the tagging of the channels and then how to use the parental filters tag feature.

Sound good?

Carlo