Share tuner with Plex or Kodi?

MBSki

MBSki

Has anyone tried sharing their tuner with Plex or Kodi? I wanted to set up Plex to share my SiliconDust HdHomeRun Prime tuner to record some shows because Emby can't put shows in specific folders. I prefer using Emby for LiveTV though, so I wanted to share the tuner. Is this going to cause any problems if I try sharing the tuner?  

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to do an m3u output feature. I just haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

MBSki
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'd like to do an m3u output feature. I just haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Ok, can you explain what that means? How would that help?

MBSki

Hmmm, ok. I guess I'll have to read up on that. Frankly I prefer the simple approach, so if it means importing an m3u file, chances are I'll just use 1 tuner for Plex and the other for Emby. Hope you can get library selection for recordings added to the server soon, so then I can just dedicate both tuners to Emby and I won't have to try and share or split.

Edit: @Luke To be a bit clearer, IMO I would rather you didn't waste time on m3u outputs, but rather focus time on updating the server to allow library selection for each recording.

Edited by mbarylski