Backup plugin and reorganizing media folders

barat

barat

Hi,

Assuming, that soon™ we'll get new .NET Core based server + sooner or later there will be also DSM7.0 I think about revamp of my NAS (reinstall, change volumes configuration etc.).

This will include storing Movie/TV Shows in different location with new structure (to ease access management for my usecase ).

Question is - if I'll use backup plugin, will I be able to restore only User Accounts with info which movies/shows they watched? Wont new media locations be a problem? 

I don't care that I'll need to re-index/scrap again metadata, generate thumbnails, re-installing plugins etc. - its fine. 

I just want to be sure, that after clean install all my users will still be able to see what they watched when restored. @cayars

Assuming, that soon™ we'll get new .NET Core based server + sooner or later

@barat it's here now: 

On 7/24/2020 at 6:28 AM, barat said:

Hi,

Assuming, that soon™ we'll get new .NET Core based server + sooner or later there will be also DSM7.0 I think about revamp of my NAS (reinstall, change volumes configuration etc.).

This will include storing Movie/TV Shows in different location with new structure (to ease access management for my usecase ).

Question is - if I'll use backup plugin, will I be able to restore only User Accounts with info which movies/shows they watched? Wont new media locations be a problem? 

I don't care that I'll need to re-index/scrap again metadata, generate thumbnails, re-installing plugins etc. - its fine. 

I just want to be sure, that after clean install all my users will still be able to see what they watched when restored. @cayars

Use the backup plugin but also make a copy of the Emby DB files to another location for safe keeping as they hold this information and can always be used/restored.