Music library not using file tag info to generate albums

guynamedbilly

guynamedbilly

I've stumbled upon a riddle. 

I have a song, and the rest of the album, at P:\Other\Scott\Media\Music\Talk Talk\Laughing Stock\02 Ascension Day.flac

My music library uses the path P:\Other\Scott\Media\Music\

When I browse songs, I can find Ascension Day.  I click on the metadata button for it in Emby and it shows the correct album, Laughing Stock, and the rest of the meta is correct.asc.thumb.png.4a6d54b6a3fd638fb91cf80ec0383c0b.png

When I browse Albums, Laughing Stock does not appear in the list.  When I browse Artists and select Talk Talk, the songs do not appear there.  So I had the idea to look for albums that I didn't recognize in Emby, and I found the album where the song is included. 80's Super Hits.  It includes two or three other Talk Talk albums worth of songs.

80s.thumb.png.49b3535e1710b1d581e48fdb5f7d903d.png

If I browse the metadata of Ascension Day from the 80's Super Hits album, it still shows the correct metadata for the individual songs.  It shows that the artist is Talk Talk and the album is Laughing Stock and everything else is also correct.

So for some reason Emby is correctly reading the metadata for songs but grouping those songs up under the incorrect albums, and possibly incorrect artists, since browsing the artist Talk Talk also didn't show the songs.

• 2 weeks later...

since browsing the artist Talk Talk also didn't show the songs.

Hi @guynamedbilly, after clicking on an artist we don't show the songs immediately on the next screen. You have to click on an album first. Does that clear that up?

• 4 months later...