Playon built into emby server

all4dom

all4dom

I would like to see Play on built into emby server instead of being an optional plug in. With  play on being a setting instead of an option, it would work. I mean no disrespect but play on still does.not work for me like many others & I need this as I do not have a DVR.  I dont care about the money & just want it to work, plain & simple.

• Like 1

When you load a plugin you are essentially adding the functionality to the server.  There really is no difference.

Emby has been breaking out it's core functions into plugin in case you haven't noticed.  This allows more customization and allows a user to remove things for both diagnostics purposes and to reduce the footprint size.

MBSki

The current PlayOn plug in doesn't actually allow recordings though does it? It seems to just allow you to browse PlayOn media, which is pointless. That's what Emby is for. Ideally the plug in would have recording capability. @all4dom If you could record through the plug in would that be useful? That said, it is preferable to have it built in.

That's a different thing.  What you're really asking for is a more feature packed plugin or functionality for using PlayOn.

all4dom

I have noticed. I have been using emby when it was media browser. If I install the plug in then it should work, but it doesn't. All the other plug ins work, well the ones I have installed. I have had problems with the plug in in the past. It got fixed then would stop working. I would just like for it to work, nothing more, nothing less.

all4dom

The actual play on software is installed on the emby server & I only use the server for emby, nothing else. It's just nice to be able to stay in emby & not have to log out & go into another program. Also the play on app, not plug in isnt available foe fire tv.

• Like 1

MBSki
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's a different thing.  What you're really asking for is a more feature packed plugin or functionality for using PlayOn.

Yes, for sure. But agree with @all4dom that at a minimum it should work, and ideally it would be built in. 

all4dom

Im not looking for any features to be added, I am. Just frustrated that it doesn't work. I had this issue way back & it's fixed, but this time snazzy got back to me & never followed up. I understand he may have a busy life so that's why Luke & ebr should just build it into the server. I could care less about the 5 dollars, it's the principal......if build.it, sell it then provide support for it.

Agree it should work but it's not an Emby product as it's written by a 3rd party.  

Maybe visit this semi-current thread and try to get help from the author: @snazy2000

all4dom

I have been on that thread & made a post about the issue....I think it was that one. I did contact snazzy & he followed up, & I replied & he never followed up after that leaving the issue unresolved. 

• 2 weeks later...
rickjw

I agree with you all4dom.  I wish this plugin would work as well. It has so much potential . But unfortnately it dont work and snazzy doesnt respond anymore . So i assume snazzy gave up on this plug in. 

RobWayBro

Personally, I have enough problems with PlayOn recording using their own application, I could not imagine trying to troubleshoot problems when running through any other application, including Emby.

• Like 2

I too keep installing and uninstalling the Playon plugin hoping that one day it will work but I am in agreement with RobWayBro, the PlayOn application itself is more flakey than this Emby plugin so I believe the root of the issue probably begins with PlayOn.  I doubt that Emby is in a position to purchase PlayOn out-right, so right now I wouldn't think it is very likely that we get any kind of solution to Playon or PlayOn plugin integrating well with Emby any time soon. I personally would just be grateful if PlayOn itself became a more stable and reliable application toward what it is advertised to provide. I'm rooting for the OP as much as anyone on this one but there are many more fundamental things that I would like to see Emby do just within itself before diverting resources to these third party issues that aren't of themselves really Emby issues. My 2cents

• Like 1