Unable to update Emby on docker... again...

Niklos

Niklos

Hello everyone,

Today, my emby told me that there was a new version for my Emby that is in a Synology docker container.

So I followed the tutorial I made there. I know it is suppose to work as I did it already twice and someone else followed that tutarial on the forum and said it was working for him too (can't find the post anymore unfortunatly.)

For some reason, I was unable to remove the old image (step 3). Docker was telling me it was in use while my container was turned off. So I removed the docker container completly then delete the image (I had no problem when the docker container was deleted) and redownload the image emby/embyserver:latest.

I recreated a new container with that image, I set it up and everything went soothly... Up to when I checked the version of emby : still 4.4.3.0. I don't understand why. I did the process of deleting everything and reinstall twice. Still 4.4.3.0.

I am not able to update. Any idea why ? (Yes I am sure I downloaded the image emby/embyserver:latest from the docker registry)

Thanks !

logs.zip

Edited by Niklos

Niklos

Well, I feel like I've been fooled by some random bug... 4.4.3.0 seems to be the latest version... Why on earth did it tell me that there was a new version ?

Niklos

in the Dashboard. It was telling me that an update was available.

edit : there http://myIP:port/web/index.html#!/dashboard

Edited by Niklos

Niklos

Well, now it says that emby is up to date but if you know a log where I can see that, I'all do the research no problem.

Edited by Niklos

If it happens again, if you could just make a note of what version it says is available, that would be great. Thanks.