Force transcode srt / subrip

ChoromPotro

Riggs
4 hours ago, ChoromPotro said:

latest iGPUs are also very good. If you have 7th gen or newer intel you don't need GPU i think. I use both a 9th gen i7 and RTX 4000 , both works pretty well with every kind of transcode .

My remote server uses a Xeon, it's a Proliant server in a data center ... so ... FYI, most of those servers don't have the GPU enabled by bios. My remote server has a large storage space (32TB) So if I want an Epic processor or any new processor or no "server type", I'm fu ** d. 

The use of my home server is another history and it is not a data center type server, it is a homemade i7-7700K. However, in my experience, turning on transcoding was never or is a good option.

Either Roku fails, or Shield fails, or the TV fails. So ... think about it, do your own tests, I did a lot of tests, I mean days and weeks. Then, no thanks.

My configuration on my two servers is like the image below. And I never, ever had to report any issues regarding this again.

transcoding.thumb.jpg.06eaa8cd6e24707dea739fffa34276ac.jpg

Edited by Riggs

ChoromPotro
11 hours ago, Riggs said:

My remote server uses a Xeon, it's a Proliant server in a data center ... so ... FYI, most of those servers don't have the GPU enabled by bios. My remote server has a large storage space (32TB) So if I want an Epic processor or any new processor or no "server type", I'm fu ** d. 

The use of my home server is another history and it is not a data center type server, it is a homemade i7-7700K. However, in my experience, turning on transcoding was never or is a good option.

Either Roku fails, or Shield fails, or the TV fails. So ... think about it, do your own tests, I did a lot of tests, I mean days and weeks. Then, no thanks.

My configuration on my two servers is like the image below. And I never, ever had to report any issues regarding this again.

transcoding.thumb.jpg.06eaa8cd6e24707dea739fffa34276ac.jpg

So you are stating a case of your user error to pitch against an idea which can be useful to other people? How does that logic work? I don't know why transcoding does not work for you but it works beautifully for me on both my Hetzner and homelab.

let's not get personal, works for me, does not work for me is a slippery slope. I like what both @ebr and @speechles says. Let's see what they think about this issue, I do believe both our usercase are unique, you with trying for weeks to get transcoding to work on 7th gen intel QS, and me running 2x RTX 4000 for emby are not the norm.

Screenshot_2020-07-25 Emby.png

Edited by ChoromPotro
upload image