Metadata Appears, Show Does not.

disworld

disworld

Good Afternoon everyone,

I have added a season to my library, Emby tags all the shows correctly, but only ads a few to my library.

I have already:

• Checked for (stable) updates
  • Re-started the server.
  • Re-Scanned:
    • Season
    • Show
    • Library.
  • Copied away, Deleted via emby & Copied back the files
    • same files are found, same metatdata applied

Not sure what else to try, so here I am.

Screenshot: Left

• Metadata Manager
    • Season 3, Episodes 1-24 found and tagged
    • Episode 2 details shown

Right

• GUI: Season 3
    • Episodes 6, 16, 22-24 are only episodes showing.

noshow.png

Edited by disworld
Annotate screenshot

Can you give us a screen capture of what this show looks like on disc?

Edited by cayars

disworld

Like this?

(Also, The other seasons were added after the 1st screen shot, the only issue is with 2 & 3. The other 1-12 are the same file structure and loaded alright. )

files.PNG

folder.PNG

disworld

What should they be changed to? They're all already The.Simpsons.S00E00....

All the metadata in the .nfo files was created correctly by emby, but the files weren't registered into the GUI, all the other 100+ files loaded okay

Edited by disworld

Look at your naming convention and then look at the knowledge base. Start by looking at folder names, then file names.

disworld

Okay, I just tried Shortening the name of one episode that would not appear in the season from

The.Simpsons.S02E01.Bart.Gets.an.F.720p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-MZABI

to

The.Simpsons.S02E01

Deleted all meta-files and re-scanned the library

Once again, an nfo file was generated by EMBY with the correct episode data

Once again, the Metadata Manager shows the episode

Once again, The GUI of the season still does not show the episode.

The folder and file names are already in-line with the naming conventions in the link you shared.
All other 10 seasons and 222 files using the same convention loaded okay and every episode loaded in the Metadata manager.

The files are 'found' but not appearing where it matters.

Edited by disworld

disworld

I also attempted changing the folder to 'The Simpsons Season 02'

No difference, the same solo Episode 20 loads in season 2 loads and, and Season 3 Episodes 6, 16, 22-24 are only episodes showing.

As before

Your folder names are not the same.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

etc

Things like this can make a big difference.

Also make sure there aren't files that don't belong.  If there are any rename them with a "." dot at the beginning to get the scanner to skip them.

If you want some remote help to get this done quickly and see if there is a problem, setup TeamViewer (teamviewer.com), install it, launch it then PM me over your UserID and one-time use passcode.  If you get this over to me quickly I'll give you a hand tonight, otherwise I can help you tomorrow as it's midnight now (but still got some life left in me).

disworld

Before we take the teamview step,

I Changed a number of the episodes as directed.

As you can see, I changed Season 02's folder name, The file names, Removed everything from EMBY and re-added the three re-named episodes.

Like before, they're found, ID'd by Emby,

EMBY generates a Season Folder for the episodes, but doesn't display them

files_Raw.png

metadata_found.png

empty_season.png

files_found.png

If you haven't done the whole series then it's not really valid.  Either rename everything to the naming standards or move all the seasons temporally out of the library that don't match so only those that do match are there.  Start with season 1, then 2, etc

disworld

I changed the other episodes and it made no difference,

Everything else matches in every other season,

Season 1, 4-31 are loaded correctly,

my only issues are with seasons 2 & 3

Seasons 1-12 use identical file naming structure, and all metadata is correctly ID'd by Emby

Both seasons had at least one episode load.

Partial seasons show when I don't have complete collections, having 1-3 of 22 episodes as the ONLY files in a new folder.

Episode 20 loaded on it's own, If i change it's name or leave it original, it's the only one to change.

I don't agree with your assessment that it's the file naming, I have experienced that issue before, and this is different.

In those cases the Metadata was pointing at the wrong file, These are all correctly identified.

Edited by disworld

Try this.  Create a new library say TV Shows2 with a brand new location.

Move Simpsons season 1 only to that new location and scan.  If it works do season 2, then 3, etc

If this works it's a naming issue not just from Simpsons but in the library itself.  95%+ of time when I'm helping people it's naming , folders, files or permissions (things covered in the knowledge base) that are the issue, REGARDLESS of metadata.  

If you want help tomorrow the offer stands to PM.  I can normally hunt down these issues pretty quickly.

• Like 1

disworld

That was a good test and it uncovered an interesting point of data.

Loading the files with their current '.' Name, yielded the same result, same episodes showed / didn't

Renaming them with FileBot, and reloading them, All files showed.

The Interesting part, the files that showed Earlier were marker as 'to be scene'
Episodes which were not visible until now were green checked as 'already watched'

This leads me to think the true bug is somewhere in the logic involved with which episodes have been watched already.

Copying the seasons from Library 2 -> Library 1  resulted As before, only the 'unseen' episodes appear and the seen ones do not.

Currently:

Both Libraries contain identical folders Seasons 1, 2, 3 Named with the {The Simpsons - 2x01 - Bart Gets an F} style

Library 1 is showing identical to before, only showing select episodes, now known to be 'un-viewed'

Library 2 shows all episodes

Edited by disworld

so go ahead and do all season in the 2 library.  If success move back to 1 library.

Don't allow these files to be part of two libraries at any time (I think you are doing this).  So physically move them out of library 1 into 2.

disworld

No luck, I deleted the test library and loaded the seasons into the main library.

The same 'seen' episodes are not visible and the ones that had been 'unseen' appear.

disworld

One last 'wtf' before I call it a night

(I realized earlier I had been missing episodes from season 1 from the beginning)

Episodes appear in 'up next' but don't appear in the season

missing.png

upnext.png

8 hours ago, disworld said:

No luck, I deleted the test library and loaded the seasons into the main library.

The same 'seen' episodes are not visible and the ones that had been 'unseen' appear.

Not a lot to go on.  What exactly did you do?  Did you move the whole Simpsons show to the new library will proper naming?

What happened?

disworld

Got home from work and back to it,

I moved the entire series to another hard drive, Deleted the show via the EMBY menu.

Ensured there was no folder left on the library drive, Made a new one, and copied the 1st three seasons back (with their original The.Simpsons.S00E00 naming) and they all loaded alright.

So seems the issue was something in the 'viewed' log, but clearing all, and re-loading got the job done.

Thanks for the assistance.

Edited by disworld
  • Like 1