Emby Crashes

Candry

HI there, can you go into your emby libraries and try turning off the realtime monitor for each one? Then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Candry

This has been done, however it crashed again today before I made the update. Attached is the log file.

Also, it does not try to restart after crashing. Is there a way to enable auto restart?

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by Candry

Happy2Play

To me this would suggest Realtime monitoring is still enabled on multiple libraries.

This error on multiple libraries

2020-07-29 13:28:21.876 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /home/ubuntu/Gdrive/Media/Movies/Movies-Archive
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 5.3.0.1030
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

Looks like you have a SSL certificate issue also.

2020-07-29 13:28:08.372 Error App: Error loading cert from /etc/letsencrypt/live/watch.reviewsapp.co/emby.pfx
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 5.3.0.1030
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib
	   at Interop.Crypto.CheckValidOpenSslHandle(SafeHandle handle)
	   at Internal.Cryptography.Pal.OpenSslX509CertificateReader.FromFile(String fileName, SafePasswordHandle password, X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags)
	   at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate..ctor(String fileName, String password, X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags)
	   at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2..ctor(String fileName, String password)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.GetCertificate(CertificateInfo info)
	Source: System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates
	TargetSite: Void CheckValidOpenSslHandle(System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle)

Yes it looks like the realtime monitor is still enabled on some of your libraries. Can you please go into the settings for each one, disable it, then restart Emby Server? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 2:56 AM, Candry said:

My emby server crashed again.... I have attached the logs. Can you please look into it and let me know what needs to b done. 

Thanks

embyserver.txt 260.67 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63735558577.txt 120.17 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-0fe2bfd6-abbb-452e-87c7-36cdef11d0d4_1graph.txt 8.49 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there @Candry what do you mean exactly by crashed?

meaning I can't access emby and have to login to my ubuntu server and run the command, sudo service emby-server restart, then wait for the emby server to start. This happens about once a week...

Ok, please try removing these plugins:

2020-09-13 01:49:23.216 Info App: Loading AutoCollections, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/AutoCollections.dll
2020-09-13 01:49:23.216 Info App: Loading Emby.Notifications.Discord, Version=1.0.7.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/Emby.Notifications.Discord.dll
2020-09-13 01:49:23.216 Info App: Loading DiskSpace, Version=1.0.4.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/DiskSpace.dll

Then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Ok i'm not sure what's going on but we're about to have a new release. Can you please try again with that once available? Thanks.