[deleted]

emdubya77

I haven't used NextPVR in quite a while but wanted to ask the question about the plugin so your issue/setup was more clear.

Hopefully one of the people that use NextPVR with Emby will be able to assist you as they can tell you how they handle this.

emveepee

Scraping into Emby's libraries outside of NextPVR is not a NexPVR issue.  If you view the recording via the TV functions I am pretty sure the plugin sets the creation date to the recording date.   Perhaps the issue is you want the original air data order?

For scraping the NextPVR naming is based on the EPG source.  If you use Schedules Direct in NextPVR the metadata will be better for scraping with season/episode information, and movie years etc.  You will also get better images and it will all match the TMS data in Emby.

Martin

emveepee

I agree the regex scraping in Emby should be able to handle this which I why I said you should be posting in an Emby related section.  That being said Plex has this issue too so if you go to the Settings->General page there is an option that should do what you want.

Use file names with Plex date format

Again that will only work if you record on the original air date.  SD would still be recommended.

Martin
Edited by emveepee

emveepee

Are you sure NextPVR v5 doesn't support UK DVB OTA from the HDHR?

I am not debating OTA and SD I am pointing out that just adding the dashes won't necessarily improve scraping.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Heuer

They are shown in folders on the 'Recordings' tab (I have setup a library folder for them) but if I go into 'Live TV' >- 'Recordings' they are shown as individual files.

Edited by Heuer

How are they stored on disc?

Can you upload a picture showing the layout on disc?

Heuer
15 hours ago, cayars said:

How are they stored on disc?

Can you upload a picture showing the layout on disc?

Image 3.jpg

Image 4.jpg

Image 5.jpg

The Live TV > Recordings display is almost impossible to use and I am not sure why it does not reflect the Library view, unless I have missed a setting somewhere!

It seems some programs are broadcast with season and episode names whilst others (e.g. BBC Gardeners World) only have the broadcast date and time.

Edited by Heuer

Heuer

Well for a start there are 69 items on the screen so it looks and feels a complete mess. Maybe you should add a folder view for some consistency in the product? I should have captured more of the screen - here you go:

1032640484_Image2.thumb.jpg.1cbdfde2319933f9f0d3763f629258c8.jpg

Not easy to view episodes within a season which is why I have set up a library folder which works very well. 

We''ll that view is supposed to show you individual episodes so it's working as designed.  I think what you want is the view you get in the RECORDING LIBRARY which will work more like a TV Show library.  Have you looked/used that before?

Heuer

That is what I use almost all of the time. Just wondered why the Live TV > Recordings tab does not follow suit.

10 minutes ago, Heuer said:

That is what I use almost all of the time. Just wondered why the Live TV > Recordings tab does not follow suit.

Different views of data.  Recording Library acts like TV Shows library or Movies Library depending on the selection you make while recordings just shows you everything regardless of any type.

Request the Emby devs to add anything_19961114.ext

We can look at supporting this.