channel tuning problems

alphabanks

alphabanks

I just configured my Emby configuration for live tv using an HDHomeRun HDHR5-2US. The picture quality is great however like so many others have reported I’m seeing horrible channel change times upwards to over ten seconds. If I use the native app channel changes are extremely fast as I stated this seems to be a continuing theme, I’ve found forum postings going back over three years detailing the same problem.  From the outside looking in if a problem persists for this amount of time its obvious that it's not a priority. If that’s the stance the devs are taking live tv needs to be removed from Emby Premiere.  I’m thinking about ditching the native Emby app and going back to the Kodi integration and just configuring NextPVR as the backend. I'm using FireTV boxes generation 2 I've also seen the same problems on the Nvidia Shields.

Hi.  Try selecting the option in the Live TV settings in the app to "Direct Stream Live TV".

alphabanks

That made a big difference channels loaded in 3 to 5 seconds which is pretty much the same load time for Directv. Can you explain this process to me because I selected direct stream however they are showing direct play on the server side?