Can't play tv shows

Joanie214

Joanie214

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this comment.  I just set up emby after being on Plex for many years and joined premiere. My server is set up on a new win 10 drive and plays perfectly from my shield hooked up to that PC.  Problem is all of the wifi firesticks in the house will not play the tv shows.  They are all named properly and in folders.
There is no problem playing movies.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gilgamesh_48
15 minutes ago, Joanie214 said:

My server is set up on a new win 10 drive and plays perfectly from my shield hooked up to that PC.

What do you mean by that statement. Your PC and your Shield should both be connected to your local network via a router.

Chyron
12 hours ago, Joanie214 said:

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this comment.  I just set up emby after being on Plex for many years and joined premiere. My server is set up on a new win 10 drive and plays perfectly from my shield hooked up to that PC.  Problem is all of the wifi firesticks in the house will not play the tv shows.  They are all named properly and in folders.
There is no problem playing movies.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Would you mind uploading the server logs so we can take a look at them?

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

What do you mean by that statement. Your PC and your Shield should both be connected to your local network via a router.

I very much doubt they mean directly.... Especially since that wouldn't work, and because they are long-time Plex users. Not sure what the confusion is.

Edited by Chyron

Do you see your TV Show library from the wifi firesticks?

Can you see the different shows, access season and bring up episodes?

Is your problem just during playback of an episode?