Temporary file issue (?)

UCM_1

UCM_1

In the past month or so, the main drive for my Emby server has been filling to capacity and halting the server until I reset.

This is the main system drive -- NOT the drives that store recordings/movies/audio/etc.

Basically, my Emby system sits on a 45GB drive, that on initial startup has 32GB free.

After X amount of time, that free space gets smaller and smaller, until hitting 100% full and hanging the system.

On a reset, the system starts at 100% full, but as soon as Emby starts running, it apparently deletes 32GB of data, and the chain of events starts again.

So, the assumption is that Emby isn't clearing out temporary files.

Where would I look to track down what is causing this problem, and any other suggestions?

Thanks!

System:
Running 4.4.3.0 (but had the same problem prior to this version).
Running in a jail on FreeNAS, 11.2-Stable

Nothing modified.  The only slightly non-stock is for Recording Post Processing I have post-processing application  '/usr/bin/nice'  with post-processor command line argument '-n 20 /ccextractor "{path}"'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't say with 100% certainty, but I may have found the problem.

The "/ccextractor" I had set in my post-processor command line argument may have been the culprit -- the ccextractor program somehow was deleted from the system and didn't exist.  Since I corrected the issue, I haven't had any problem with the drive filling with temporary files over time.

So, possibly (?) when a post processing command fails, emby fails to delete the temporary files for that recording?

• Like 1