Generated Thumbnails Layout wrong (stretching)

level20peon

level20peon

The default appearance of Generated Thumbnails (automatically extracted out of the media files by emby) doesn't look very nice. See attached image "LG.jpg" for an example.

Because of this I added the following custom CSS:

.coveredImage {
    -webkit-background-size: 100% auto !important;
    background-size: 100% auto !important;
}

After doing so, the appearance on the web client changes to what you can see in the attached image "web.jpg" (it looked the same as in "LG.jpg" before applying the custom CSS).

Unfortunately, the custom CSS is not applied to the LG TV emby App. Is there a way to correct the default appearance of Thumbnails which don't follow the vertical 2:3 image layout?

LG.jpg

web.jpg

level20peon

Without custom css, the web app looks just the same as the LG TV emby App:

image.thumb.png.d54974419477c3a584bfb3a5878f0e4e.png

PS: I wouldn't want the images to be stretched (zoomed) and the sides cut off, I like it the way my CSS modification does it. If those two sides (left and right) would be cut off, 66% of the image wouldn't be displayed as well as that might lead to some strange zoom effects (e.g. you only see the middle of a face/room or something like that).

Edited by level20peon

• 2 weeks later...

Although for a better result I would suggest using the home videos content type. Mixed and movies both currently require images to have 2:3 aspect ratios.

level20peon

By that logic, the thumbnail generator shouldn't create thumbnails different from the aspect ratio that is required for each section in the first place, no?

Thanks for looking into this though. :)

Well the problem is it's one thumbnail used in all places, so the ideal image would be something that retains the original video image aspect ratio.

level20peon

ok so then a css change depending on the category in combination with the specific thumbnail format would be the only solution I suppose.