Poster image issues

raevengel

raevengel

Hi,

I’ve been trying to clean up my Emby install/media since I moved it to a different distro. I’m trying to get my images all the way I want them. I’ve noticed a lot of them are quite small (around 400x550ish). When I click on the search icon to find another image, then I click on the image, I’m having something strange. Used, to, Emby would just use the new image and the image chosen would be whatever size it is in the search option (often 1000x1500). However, now, even though the images are actually 1000x1500, when I choose the, Emby is somehow reducing their resolution to the 400x550 (ish) size. I can’t seem to get it to just use the image size as is.

What could be causing this? Is it a bug, an issue with my install, something else? Any info would be brilliant! Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: The actual dimensions Emby is using for most of the poster right now is 400x578. It’s never done that before, especially since it’s not the size that these images are in the databases that it’s pulling from.

Edited by raevengel

raevengel
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? Thanks.

Sure. Not sure what info you need, but I’ll try.

I’m trying to get my posters a little more tidy and cohesive. For some reason, most are really low res right now - 400x578 pixels. This is unusual because generally they are a minimum of 660x1000 or even 1000x1500 (some even higher). I noticed this was the case with Poirot. I went through and changed each one. These worked as usual - when I chose the new posters (available via Emby’s search feature) the size changed from 400x578 to the size of the new posters (in this case 1400x2100).

However, when I did this with several others - we’ll take Ab Fab as the example, it didn’t change the poster size. So, I went into Emby’s “edit images”>search>choose new image. The current size poster (particularly for the season levels) is currently 400x578. I chose new images for each of the seasons. Each of these are 1000x1500. I click on the new images and choose save. Instead of switching to 1000x1500, as it usually would, it does switch posters to the new style but it does it keeping the low resolution of 400x578. I’ve tried this multiple times and can’t get it to save the correct (actual) poster size of 1000x1500. And 400x578 is pretty low res for most 1080p and 4K TVs.

I hope that helps. Any info on what’s wrong, what to do, etc would be brilliant. Thanks so much in advance!

Happy2Play

What images are in the media folder?