Emby Server on Nvidia Shield Pro: Unsafe at any bitrate

Netfool
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

• Solution

Stats for nerds is in the app too and these functions are not hidden.  There are a number of buttons on the OSD that comes up when you press the down button on your remote during playback.

It looks to me like you have set the app to have a max bitrate setting below that of the content you are playing.  The Shield will direct play just about everything.  Look in your playback settings in the app and, if you changed the bitrate setting, please set it back to the default of "Auto" and see what happens.

14 hours ago, Netfool said:

Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the NVIDIA Shield Pro > Emby Player App > Settings (gear icon) > Playback, there is a setting for Maximum Streaming Bit Rate.

Unless you have a specific reason or asked to change this, you want this set to AUTO.

Netfool

1153680347_ScreenShot2020-07-23at12_47_35PM.png.30567e5e82470401179b8dd09f7c925e.png

DOH!!   That was the problem!

Or more specifically, the problem was me messing with settings I didn't really understand.   This thread can clearly be marked SOLVED!.  Even the 30 Mb/sec Fantasia is playing flawlessly on every device I can point at the server.

Profound thanks to @ebr, @cayars, and @softworkz for having the extraordinary patience to stick with me through all these pages of fumbling on my part.  Emby clearly has an outstanding support team!

Along the way though, you taught me an immense amount about H.264, Emby and the Shield!   I'm very grateful.

• Like 1