LiveTv not playing certain channels.

fiftiy5o

fiftiy5o

I am fairly new to emby and have not had many problems thus far.  Actually, i was completely much unaware of the issues of not being able to play certain channels until a friend came over and tried to watch a certain station (oxygen to be exact)  The problem that i am having is stated in the title.  Most stations i would say maybe 90% of the cable stations work in emby without any issues, but i have found a few for whatever reason will not tune, and if it does tune it will play for maybe 5-10 seconds and freeze.  During the freeze of the LiveTv i have the ability to rew, but it will still freeze in the initial spot.. As i stated since i am fairly new to emby i am attaching logs.  One from a good stream to show no issues, then one from where the LiveTv channel freezes.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bad.txt good.txt

SamES

I'm not sure what tuner you are using for the live streams, but in the bad one, it looks like the stream is reporting an error from the device

fiftiy5o

@SamES I am actually using Ceton InfiniTv 4.  I know emby does not officially support this device, so i am also using cetonproxy that was developed by @st0rmcat.  I reached out to him at the beginning of the month but have not heard back from him.  @Sammy No i do not think they are copy protected.  I am using Comcast service and i thought only HBO and channels like that have DRM.   Not sure if this makes much of a difference, but the SD version of the channels work.  

1 hour ago, fiftiy5o said:

Not sure if this makes much of a difference, but the SD version of the channels work.

That sounds like copy protection... but who knows since you are using a 3rd party system to get them into Emby.

fiftiy5o

@LukeGood morning, I remember there are two channels that i seen have this issue, but the only one i can remember for certain is Oxygen (718,1465).  Xfinity is my provider.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello fiftiy5o, it looks like ffmpeg is shutting down when you try to play this station.

Could you try playback again of Oxygen for us then upload a new log?

You will also see a file starting with ffmpeg in your log section that matches the time you started playing this channel.  Can you upload that file as well?

Thank you.

fiftiy5o

@Luke  I am not 100% certain that this is not DRM.  The SD channel while not certain records fine ( I have not tried to watch live tv), which makes me think it may be DRM.  @cayars I will try to upload that tomorrow. But like luke said I'am thinking in may be DRM?

While it's possible I doubt oxygen would be DRMed on Xfinity as the markets I've looked at for that don't have it as DRM.  It's not in my areas for sure.

Besides just trying to watch the channel set a recording on that channel and don't watch it at all until it's done recording.  Did it record fine? If you can watch it then it's not DRM for sure.

fiftiy5o

@cayarsThat's what i was thinking but..... When i tried setting a recording on the HD oxygen, no it does not record. It records the way it plays live tv... maybe 5 seconds.

Maybe it is drm in your area.  Anything is possible.

Can you watch the channel in VLC?

EDIT: just happened to think this ins't an HDHomeRun so not sure if this can be done or not.  Does that channel play back in any other software you have?

Edited by cayars

fiftiy5o

I tried on VLC and nothing.  Correct it is not a HDHomeRun, unfortunately.  It is a ceton :(.     I tried it on windows and it does not work.  Unrelated is there any word when the Prime 6 is going to be release. I have been waiting and wanting to upgrade, but it does not seem like it will be released.

I've been waiting for over 5 years on that since it was first announced in Jan 2015 then re-introduced almost 3 year to the day later, now 2.5 years ago.

https://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2015/01/08/silicondust-to-update-products-and-expand-apps/

https://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2018/01/09/silicondust-announces-hdhomerun-prime-6/

On the website it now says in development.  At this point my two 3 channel primes are likely enough considering I've got another two OTA tuners each with 4 tuners.  I had 4 primes but sold 2 of them to a friend to help him out since you can't get them anymore unless they're used.

Your Ceton 6 is no slouch and I'd just hold on to it at this point.  It's a classic tuner.

I'm really more interested in ATSC 3.0 technology wise at this point in time.