$50 to who ever can get me Music sort by Albums

manutdsoc20
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

manutdsoc20

Just as the title says I would like music sorting by album name in Media Browser Classic and I will pay $50 to the first developer to make it happen.

I'm so sick of using Windows Media Player/MCE for music play back and really want to be able to use Media Browser Classic

As seen in the picture below.  In Media Browser Server you can sort by albums when in the web view, but there is no way to sort by albums in  Media Browers Classic.

Cheers Jason

5256b604235c0_MBS_albumsort.jpg

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

@EBR.. sounds like easy money ;) and a good F/R request if its possible, I'd like to see this sort option as well in MBC

I just downloaded and installed Classic.  I too am looking for a way to display by album.  Also something else I just noticed, does Media Browser not integrate/make available my music "playlists" I previously built?  With plain old media center I could play my playlists, I could also select a song or album to add to "now playing" queue. (prob need to add another thread for that, just thought i'd mention)  Edit:  I found the queue song/album using the * key and selecting queue.  Still looking for playlists and album views.

Edited by bnairb

MrFlibbles

Just remember that after all the fancy stuff you see in MBC to filter, select and display your music, MBC will still hand off to WMC to play the music just like it does video. I mention this only because you will still see the underlying WMC music playing screen when playing music which is a little disappointing to me. I understand this is how it works but it is still a shame to jump out of the lovely MBC experience back to WMC ;)

I actually think the music playing experience in WMC is pretty good... But, admittedly, I don't use it much at all.

• Like 1

manutdsoc20

I actually think the music playing experience in WMC is pretty good... But, admittedly, I don't use it much at all.

You are correct music playing experience in WMC is good,  the problem is the way WMC/ Windows media player doesn't always find your albums as new albums are added.  Also they are notorious for screwing up metadata(  I have unchecked add missing metadat in WMC and Windows Media Player).

Look forward to being able to sort my music by album name.  When this is implemented will it be a change that is made in MBC or MBS?

Any ETA on this being completed?

Cheers Jason-manutdsoc20

ginjaninja

manutdsoc20,

I dont know if it relevant, but you may want to take a look at musicbrainz picard. Not only will it correctly tag all your content but it will tag it to the standards/ids that MB3 uses ensuring best possibly automatic fetching- two for the price of one.

I dont go near wmc vanilla when MBC is much faster browsing experience and robust in showing content added.

I meant just the player - not the rest of the interface as MB does all that.

I haven't yet committed to this feature so there is no ETA right now.

manutdsoc20

Very nice!  Let me know your paypal address so I can send payment.  Will this be in MBC or MBS update

manutdsoc20,

I dont know if it relevant, but you may want to take a look at musicbrainz picard. Not only will it correctly tag all your content but it will tag it to the standards/ids that MB3 uses ensuring best possibly automatic fetching- two for the price of one.

I dont go near wmc vanilla when MBC is much faster browsing experience and robust in showing content added.

I use DBpoweramp and tag all my music and it works perfectly.  Thanks for the suggestion.

manutdsoc20

Uh oh...

525ff8f164bfc_musicalbums.jpg

Looks awesome!  Can't wait.  Now for me to hold up my end of the bargain.  What is your paypal address so I can send payment.  Will this be an update to MBC or MBT?

Thanks Jason

MBC and hopefully will be available soon as I need to push a new version to fix the indexing.

Not necessary, but donate at ebrsoft dot com if you are feeling generous.

manutdsoc20

Well we have Music by Albums in MBC 3.0.78!  Thanks for the hard work EBR!

526155131c544_CollectionsView.png

52615af58b812_MuiscAlbumsView.png

For some reason the picture is messed up when I upload, but it give you an idea that it is working!

Yeah, this forum seems to have some bad compression artifacts.  I think if you resize the image to fit properly, you won't have that problem.

• 2 weeks later...
CWNashvegas

In MB Classic, go into the configuration menus and go to the View Options screen. There's a checkbox you can clear to turn it off. I think it's "Show Music Albums collection" or somesuch.

Edited by Knowledge Base
  • Like 2