General question on library scan

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

This is just a question that in all my reading and testing I cannot be sure I know the answer.

I set up a movie or TV library and it is fairly large. the scan starts and continues for some time and then seems to stop. At least the green bar goes away.

At that point I enter the library and see that there are onl a few shows that have posters or metadata.

I leave everything alone and sometime later, can be as long as 24 hours for a large TV library, I find that the library is fully populated.

There is no indication that there have been additional scans but the metadata etc are all there.

My question is are there "stealth" scns or does Emby continue working and downloading after a scan is finished? Inquiring minds want to know. 

I think the visual updating could use some improvement.

Scan a library and just stare at the update.  You'll see it go to 100% then go away.  Then you'll see go to 100% and then go away.  It will then do it again.

So when it finds new content it runs through a couple of different passes.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Scan a library and just stare at the update.  You'll see it go to 100% then go away.  Then you'll see go to 100% and then go away.  It will then do it again.

This loop is RTM seeing changes.

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

My question is are there "stealth" scns or does Emby continue working and downloading after a scan is finished? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Yes as already said the visuals for Scan a Library are a little off.  But Emby could have all the metadata (ie the entire series at once) but still needs to probe the files.  Only way to truly see is checking the log.

Gilgamesh_48
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

Scan a library and just stare at the update.  You'll see it go to 100% then go away.  Then you'll see go to 100% and then go away.  It will then do it again

I have seen that but only on libraries with multiple root folders. I kind of decided that it was going to 100% on each folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

I have one external HDD connect to my router and I dont know connect to emby, on the add folder  I try the following addres: 

http://192.168.1.1:8082/sda1/Filmek/

//192.168.1.1:8082/sda1/Filmek/

\\192.168.1.1:8082/sda1/Filmek/

\\192.168.1.1:8082\sda1\Filmek\

both not working with Emby, could tell me what am i do wrong ?

if i put the chrome this address: http://192.168.1.1:8082/sda1/Filmek/ open and i can see my hdd files.

thx for answer

Edited by smea

You normally need to perform other tasks as well like turning on USB sharing on the router, creating a share to the media as well as creating user(s) account and permissions.

Try opening up the location in File Manager.

What is the URL it shows when you connect to this USB share?

That's a web URL not a file share location.  You need something like //nas/sharepoint

Hi

Thank show me the way now Im sure this is the right URL : \\Archer_Media

but now if I type in the file manager,I got message from windows, (attach the photo)that new for me and dont know how to fixit yet

hiba.jpg

Finaly I found the fixit way thanx for you help I attach the photo where can swich on the SMB1 if someone have the same problem

after this ewerything working great

smb.jpg

Edited by smea