johntankard

johntankard

Hi guys, 

Need a little help please. I've setup cloudflare reverse Proxy pointing to my emby server, in addition I've secured the incoming port to only allow ip ranges that belong to cloudflare. For a while all was fine but today I couldn't access the emby server, while examining the firewall logs I noticed the cloudflare ip was allowed through but also noticed a single ip address that tried access at the same time that belonged to Google namely (35.214.82.167) was being blocked - once I allowed this ip through, the emby android app connected fine. 

Does emby rely on some additional Google ownes ip addresses? It doesn't make sense. 

Thanks John. 

KMBanana

Cloudflare had a short but widespread outage today, your problem could have been caused by that and it resolving after whitelisting that IP just coincidental.  

johntankard

Hi, 

Thanks for that, in light of that I removed the 35. Ip address, again I couldn't connect? Added it and connected again. 

So strange, just can't identify what this ip address is for, also belonging to Google is even stranger... 

We don't rely on any Google ip addresses. The connection is direct from device to server.

johntankard
1 minute ago, Luke said:

We don't rely on any Google ip addresses. The connection is direct from device to server.

Hi @Luke, thanks for the reply. I've made some progress, for some reason the proxy (cloudflare) is sending through my host (siteground) so I've just left the ip in place as its part of sitegrounds range so that's explains part of it...

John