Desktop shows briefly when stopping media

sethgeco

sethgeco

Just got the emby premium subscription so that I can watch films from the theater app and discovered that when i stop or finish a film or TV show the Desktop is briefly visible, is this intentional ?, I have tested it in all Display Modes and on Windows 7 and 10.

Edited by sethgeco

I don't recall ever seeing anything like that happen.  Is it transparent or is it like Theater disappeared for a moment?

sethgeco

I would say its as if Theater disapears for a second, its when pressing back when media is playing or when pressing back if the next media is waiting to play

Happy2Play

Unless it has specific variables I haven't been able to reproduce on 3.0.12 (desktop) or 1.1.313.0 (store).

sooty234

For all to be aware. The test build is using libmpv as the default renderer. Under electron, it has limited functionality. Most notably, it will break HDR playback on Windows 10, if you run it in HDR mode. You have to switch to the GPU renderer for HDR playback, which will bring back all the existing overlay (and some uncommon playback) issues. And not to confuse you too much, you can force it to tone map, if you don't enable HDR in Windows 10. But that is probably confusing some of you. It will also break some of the hardware acceleration options. Just set that to auto, and most of you will be fine. This is also the reason why HDR won't work, but I won't get into that...

sethgeco

Hi the Test rebuild am I correct in thinking it doesn't install it just runs as an executable from the folder ?

Also when you say HDR I take it you mean live records