Emby Plugin Not Showing Movies

Gamer0126

Gamer0126

Hello All, 

I am on Freenas Version: 11.2-U8 and Emby Plugin: 4.2.1.0_1

I have been trying to get this to work for some time but after the Emby Plugin Updated, this was years ago,  I have not been able to get Emby to recognize the media content in my Movies directory. My Music and TV Show directories work just fine all the art and descriptions are fine, however for some reason the Emby Plugin will not recognize any Movies in my folder. I followed the instructions linked here: 

I also found a user with a similar situation here: 

However there was no solution I could find. 

I have attached screen shots to show there are no Movies in the Media folder, even though I can see the movie sub-folders when setting up Emby Plugin for Movies. Also showing all the other Media (Music, and TV shows) correctly show up. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,  

emby_movie.PNG

emby1.PNG

Emby_2.PNG

Emby_TV.PNG

MRobi

1: I would strongly recommend upgrading FreeNAS to 11.3 and Emby to 4.4.3.0. Both are extremely stable, and 11.3 offers a simplified method of setting permissions that should help you get this fixed up in a matter of minutes.

2: You link to instructions that you followed that are 2.5yrs old (and no longer current), yet these instructions are how to mount the file system to your emby jail and select the mounted folder. From your settings screenshot, you're not doing anything listed in these instructions. Instead you're directing emby to an SMB directory instead of a mounted file system.

3: Your issue is definitely permission based. Emby doesn't have read/write access to that folder so it's not displaying the movies. Refer to #1, do the updates, properly mount your file system and then refer to this thread for setting your permissions

Gamer0126

Thanks for the help. Emby is now working correctly, I think you were right but there was another mistake I had made was that I didn't create a mount point in the Jails/Mount Points dialog in FreeNas, however I think even if I did do that earlier I would have still faced the permissions issue. Regardless it is now working and thanks a bunch. 

• Like 1