Question about my user transcoding permissions

Alan1234
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Alan1234

Hello, I have noted that I can't change the audio track of a movie/tv serie on browser. But I can do it using the app android/ios. 

I have tested on many browser and on none I can change the audio track. Only on Edge beta version 79.0.309.30.

I think that is a problem of the browser's player. Also there is no problem if I enable the encoding on emby server, but I don't want to enable it

oops posted in wrong thread so I removed what I had and replaced it with something useful here! :)

For most Web app you select the AUDIO before playing the video.  You should have something that looks like this:

audio.png

Edited by cayars

You can also do it during playback using the controls in the video player. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Alan1234

Yeah, I know it. For example, if I select german, in the audio setting it tells me that there is german, but when I listen it remain to the default audio (english). This thing doesn't happen on android/ios, but only with the browser (computer and ps4). The audio tracks are "integrated" with the video file, so no encoding needed.

If I active the encoding on the server it works also on browser, but I don't want to enable it

Edited by Alan1234

• Solution

Ok then that's your problem. You have to make a choice there to either turn it back on or live with the problem. There is no way for the browser video player to change tracks by itself when direct playing.

Alan1234

Thanks, at least I know the reason. Anyway edge beta works if can help

Edited by Alan1234

Yes some browsers do support it, and the emby web app is already built to utilize it when available.