Library Scan Stuck at 87.1%

kevinw

kevinw

Yes, I agree that's an oddly-specific number but whenever I look at emby to see why it's not picking up new files I see the library scan is stuck at 87.1% and doesn't move. I've left it overnight and it's the same in the morning so something is happening at that point which is preventing it from continuing. Restart the server and it will happen again.

I did try looking at the attached log as I'm sure the answer must be in there but it escapes me.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Kevin

emby scan log.txt

Take a look at each and every library you have setup.  Turn on Advanced for the library and look for  "Create thumbnail images during the library scan".

Make sure that is NOT CHECKED.  So you want the box without the check mark.

If you don't find any of these to turn off then upload your server log and we can take a look at it for you.

kevinw

I can't see one that matches what you describe. Do you mean this one?

If you do they are all set to 'Never'.

Wasn't that a server log I attached to the opening post?

image.thumb.png.ffc0b238314e461d388de644b142d3ec.png

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, kevinw said:

I can't see one that matches what you describe. Do you mean this one?

If you do they are all set to 'Never'.

Wasn't that a server log I attached to the opening post?

image.thumb.png.ffc0b238314e461d388de644b142d3ec.png

What client is that from as i don't think I have ever seen what you just posted. 

thumb.jpg.2a61eba721b59c782bf3415a61a1a47f.jpg

But skimming through the log I did not see anything abnormal, the log only covers 3 minutes and it shows probing episodes and getting metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play

kevinw

I see the same option when accessing the Windows server directly and remotely via a browser. It's v4.3.3 which emby tells me is the latest version.

In an effort to keep the log fairly focussed I restarted the server, waiting for the scan to get stuck, then grabbed the log which is why it's so small.

I've pasted a screenshot of the complete Thumbnail section below. The options available for Generate Video Preview Thumbnails are Never, As a Scheduled Task, or As a Scheduled Task or when Media is added.

I noticed lots of media that were previously correctly identified were now not identified so yesterday evening I went through correcting those then rebooted the server. This morning I don't see a stuck scan in the dashboard and new media added overnight has appeared in the 'Latest xx' section so maybe the issue has gone away.

image.thumb.png.964e0123eb986c05abfea8106bb00b52.png

Edited by kevinw
Corrected typo