Refresh Guide Task Taking Long Time to Run

specsnow
Go to solution Solved by specsnow,

specsnow

Hello. I have the Refresh Guide task scheduled to run daily starting at 1:00am for a maximum of 4 hours. I noticed today that the task is being "cancelled" every day after running for 4 hours and 1 minute. This seems like a very long time for this task to be running in the first place. I know I can just increase the time limit but I'd rather solve why it's taking so long to run. I've read in a few other posts that other users have solved this problem with a server reinstall but I'm hoping I wont have to do that. Thanks!

Oh, and here is some info that might be helpful.

• Emby 4.4.3.0 (installed from ports)
  • Host: FreeNAS 11.3 U3.2
  • Jail: FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p6
  • 64 GB RAM
  • Intel Atom C2750 8 core CPU
  • XMLTV file is local and is about 75 MB
  • M3U file is local and is about 17 MB
  • 469 channels total but only 356 have EPG in the XMLTV file

specsnow

I raised the max run time of the scheduled task from 4 hours to 5 hours and it is still stopping at 5h1m because it runs too long. Any advice on how to make it process EPG quicker? I also have Plex set up in an identical jail on the same server with the exact same sources using xTeVe and it completes in about 15 minutes so I'm pretty confident the source data isn't the issue. 

MRobi
On 7/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, specsnow said:

I raised the max run time of the scheduled task from 4 hours to 5 hours and it is still stopping at 5h1m because it runs too long. Any advice on how to make it process EPG quicker? I also have Plex set up in an identical jail on the same server with the exact same sources using xTeVe and it completes in about 15 minutes so I'm pretty confident the source data isn't the issue. 

I just took a look at mine. I've got an 8hr timeout window. Also using xteve with 3,298 channels.

Update TV guide took 2hrs 16min and 8s

• 10 months later...
  • Solution
specsnow

Hi all. Just a quick update. I'm assuming that something changed in the code since I reported this issue because for the last few months, my Refresh Guide task now only takes about 1h45m. Considering this fixed!