Add version selection during playback

BaiGanJia

BaiGanJia

Please click "Like this" and share it if you want to support this feature. Thank you ! :)

There are multiple versions of each tvshow in my library
Some are 4K, some are 1080P, some are HDR, and some have subtitles

every time when I paly a next episode,
the first version of the default sort will be played automatically

For this reason
I was forced to quit playing,
Then manually select the last version,
Resume playing

This is not what I want. 
I hope that when I play 2160P, the next episode will still be the 2160P version, 
not automatically switch to another(1080P) version,I need to exit playback,

So I hope to switch the version during playback.

624024906_-2.thumb.jpg.f1b114634f5646e5a449639cf51cf36c.jpg

Edited by SelfEnough
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

FIERCE-LION

Just received your message on Telegram. 

Did you try to playback under the high-speed internet environment? As I know, Emby always adjusts the video quality base on your internet speed. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to remain the same quality as most hardware and internet are not good support with 2160P.

Alternatively, you can try to re-allocate the videos to different libraries based on the quality. For example, create the folder for 2160P videos ONLY, and switch off transcoding. So you can somehow make it work as you want. 

Regards

Stephen

Edited by FIERCE-LION
Add step

BaiGanJia
3 minutes ago, FIERCE-LION said:

Just received your message on Telegram. 

Did you try to playback under the high-speed internet environment? As I know, Emby always adjusts the video quality base on your internet speed. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to remain the same quality as most hardware and internet are not good support with 2160P.

Alternatively, you can try to re-allocate the videos to different libraries base on the quality. For example, create the folder for 2160P videos ONLY. So you can somehow make it work as you want. 

Regards

Stephen

My video name format is:

Dark (2017)\Season 02\Dark.S02E02 - 1080p.Nf.Web.Dl.Ddp5.1.X264.Mzabi.mkv
Dark (2017)\Season 02\Dark.S02E02 - 1080p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264.NTb.mkv
Dark (2017)\Season 02\Dark.S02E02 - 2019.1080p.Web.Dl.X265.10bit.Ac3.Cxcy.Frds.mkv
Dark (2017)\Season 02\Dark.S02E02 - 2160p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264.NTb.mkv

I do not want to creat  subfolders as 2160P、1080P、balabala....

Would it not make more sense to always play the highest resolution version available without transcoding?  This way you could go 4K, 1080, 4K, 720, 4K if they were each the highest resolution you had on hand.

• 3 years later...

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Like 1